Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default Help to ID blown resistor

A resistor on my Vizio LCD tv's power supply just blew.
It is not color coded, it is grey with black writing as you can see in the
attachment.
The writting looks like "F0457" "0-1 ohm" "R ?? 2J"
Any help IDing it would be much appreciated,
or send me to another newsgroup or website that might help.

The power supply maker is Delta Electronics Inc, Model: DPS-210EP A rev:00, S/N
ADDD0421008022

The TV is a Vizio L30, date of mfg: sept 2004

Attached Thumbnails
Help to ID blown resistor-vizio_resistor-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 15:33:48 -0500, noname wrote:

A resistor on my Vizio LCD tv's power supply just blew.
It is not color coded, it is grey with black writing as you can see in the
attachment.
The writting looks like "F0457" "0-1 ohm" "R ?? 2J"
Any help IDing it would be much appreciated,
or send me to another newsgroup or website that might help.

The power supply maker is Delta Electronics Inc, Model: DPS-210EP A rev:00, S/N
ADDD0421008022

The TV is a Vizio L30, date of mfg: sept 2004

0.1 ohm 1/2 watt fusible flameproof.

RL
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Yes, but the true problem is that whatever caused the fusable resistor to
"blow" will cause its replacement to blow also unless fixed.

Jim

--
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought
without accepting it."

"legg" wrote in message
On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 15:33:48 -0500, noname wrote:

A resistor on my Vizio LCD tv's power supply just blew.
It is not color coded, it is grey with black writing as you can see in the
attachment.
The writting looks like "F0457" "0-1 ohm" "R ?? 2J"
Any help IDing it would be much appreciated,
or send me to another newsgroup or website that might help.

The power supply maker is Delta Electronics Inc, Model: DPS-210EP A
rev:00, S/N
ADDD0421008022

The TV is a Vizio L30, date of mfg: sept 2004

0.1 ohm 1/2 watt fusible flameproof.

RL

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Since the value is burned away, you'll need a schematic
to find out what the value needs to be. It's not determined
by looks or shape or size.

Posted with NewsLeecher v3.8 Final
------------------- ----- ---- -- -

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

I didn't notice that this might be the same resistor in
the three shots.. But, if it is, then it's a 1/10 ohm resistor
as labeled.

Posted with NewsLeecher v3.8 Final
------------------- ----- ---- -- -

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Mouser and Digikey only had .47 ohm, so I got 10 of them.
If one blows, I'll parallel 2 or 3, and if those also go, I'll just get a new
power supply, there are same model # but higher revision numbers for
$110.
Thanks for the help.

On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 13:57:36 -0700, "RST Engineering \(jw\)"
wrote:

Yes, but the true problem is that whatever caused the fusable resistor to
"blow" will cause its replacement to blow also unless fixed.

Jim

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

An update.

The fusible resistors I installed blew, even with 2/3 in parallel. And it is
assumed that it is either a relay or the transformer, which I did not want to
waste my time trying to trance the prob, especially if I can't find a component
to replace it(right size and all).

So I ordered a PS with a revision # near mine (from a place that takes parts out
of tvs with broken screens and stuff), got it and it works fine now.

Resistor indep Electronics Repair 5 December 10th 07 01:22 PM
Maytag Neptune Washer control board resistor blown gman Electronics Repair 1 June 29th 06 05:59 AM
Does anyone know the spec on this resistor? - resistor.jpg (0/1) Matt Russell Electronics 7 January 3rd 06 06:00 AM
Blown Resistor in a Citizen 25" TV Craig McLean Electronics Repair 3 December 28th 04 07:18 PM
NAD 7240PE help identify blown up resistor please! Don Allen Electronics Repair 0 June 29th 04 02:56 AM