Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default up/dowm counter/encoder

Hi, I'm looking for a up/down incremental encoder to use it to my mini mill.
I'm using for now a ICM7217, but this part is out of production.
Maybe someone can help me with a pic encoder/counter simulair like the
ICM7217 ?
Schematic http://www.test.gompy.net/icm7217.jpg

Thx, Rob

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Rob / gompy.net" wrote in message
Hi, I'm looking for a up/down incremental encoder to use it to my mini mill.
I'm using for now a ICM7217, but this part is out of production.
Maybe someone can help me with a pic encoder/counter simulair like the ICM7217 ?
Schematic http://www.test.gompy.net/icm7217.jpg

Thx, Rob

Digi-Key has 131 in stock. Newark also carries them. Not inexpensive though.....Paul

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...7217AIPI%2B-ND

http://www.newark.com/jsp/search/pro...C-QO1721829242

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"catguy" schreef in bericht

Hi, I'm looking for a up/down incremental encoder to use it to my mini
mill.
I'm using for now a ICM7217, but this part is out of production.
Maybe someone can help me with a pic encoder/counter simulair like the
ICM7217 ?
Schematic http://www.test.gompy.net/icm7217.jpg

Digi-Key has 131 in stock. Newark also carries them. Not inexpensive
though.....Paul
http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...7217AIPI%2B-ND
http://www.newark.com/jsp/search/pro...C-QO1721829242

Both are wrong for my aplication, sorry.
I'm using a ICM7217, not a ICM 7217_A_
The differend wiil be the displaytype CA or CC.
In the schematic they use a CC and I use a CA.
I have to change the complete pcb if I'll use the A-type.

--
CU, Rob

www.modelbouw.gompy.net
Skype: gompy-akm2

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

[...]

Surf over to Unicorn Electronics at
http://www.unicornelectronics.com/IC/HARRIS.html They have both CA and CC
versions of the 7217

Cheers!!!!!
--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the

Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they bring a
smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"DaveM" schreef in bericht
. ..
[...]

Thanks Dave !

--
CU, Rob

www.modelbouw.gompy.net
Skype: gompy-akm2

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Try searching for 'DRO digital readout' and see what affordable options you
come up with. If you insist on building your own, take a look at the
microchip PIC line. some of the 18F devices have the quadrature decoders
built in.
Otherwise, look at the www.lsicsi.com and look at the ls7084 series
quadrature decoder that converts from A quad B to pulse and direction.
Another version does count up and count down.
That should point you in the right direction.

"Rob / gompy.net" wrote in message
Hi, I'm looking for a up/down incremental encoder to use it to my mini
mill.
I'm using for now a ICM7217, but this part is out of production.
Maybe someone can help me with a pic encoder/counter simulair like the
ICM7217 ?
Schematic http://www.test.gompy.net/icm7217.jpg

Thx, Rob

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Oppie" schreef in bericht
Try searching for 'DRO digital readout' and see what affordable options
you come up with. If you insist on building your own, take a look at the
microchip PIC line. some of the 18F devices have the quadrature decoders
built in.
Otherwise, look at the www.lsicsi.com and look at the ls7084 series
quadrature decoder that converts from A quad B to pulse and direction.
Another version does count up and count down.
That should point you in the right direction.

This is a alternative http://www.shumatech.com/products/dro-350/index.htm,
but I've allready a box with displays and one ICM7217.
Now I need two other ICM7217 for the other axis of the mini mill to complete
my own DRO.

--
CU, Rob

www.modelbouw.gompy.net