Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Rob / gompy.net Rob / gompy.net is offline

Default up/dowm counter/encoder

"Oppie" schreef in bericht
Try searching for 'DRO digital readout' and see what affordable options
you come up with. If you insist on building your own, take a look at the
microchip PIC line. some of the 18F devices have the quadrature decoders
built in.
Otherwise, look at the www.lsicsi.com and look at the ls7084 series
quadrature decoder that converts from A quad B to pulse and direction.
Another version does count up and count down.
That should point you in the right direction.

This is a alternative http://www.shumatech.com/products/dro-350/index.htm,
but I've allready a box with displays and one ICM7217.
Now I need two other ICM7217 for the other axis of the mini mill to complete
my own DRO.

--
CU, Rob

www.modelbouw.gompy.net