Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default Seasonal? Maybe.

In keeping with the occasion (albeit somewhat late - the server lost my

Most of the components are mounted directly on the negative end of the AA
cell. A stiff wire soldered to the positive nipple is used to stand the
light up inside the pumpkin.

With a teaspoon of water inside the pumpkin to improve conductivity, enough
current will flow when the open end of the 220k resistor touches the surface
to light the amber LED to 30mA. Used 10 hours on Hallowe'en night, an
alkaline cell should last 3-5 seasons.

QS
My LED circuits: http://quantsuff.com

Attached Thumbnails
Seasonal? Maybe.-071031024b-jpg  Seasonal? Maybe.-071028018b-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Thu, 1 Nov 2007 13:31:28 -0400, "Quantsuff"
wrote:

In keeping with the occasion (albeit somewhat late - the server lost my

WOW! That's incredibly cool.

Not just the circuit, but the concept, too. Also, that's some
excellent pumpkin carving. Is that John Lennon I see?

Thanks for posting.

Tom

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

In keeping with the occasion (albeit somewhat late - the server lost my

WOW! That's incredibly cool.

Not just the circuit, but the concept, too. Also, that's some
excellent pumpkin carving. Is that John Lennon I see?

Thanks for posting.

Tom

Thank you.

The stencil can be found at
http://www.fabulousfoods.com/holiday...umpplans2.html. I just
zoomed the image on the monitor and traced the outline. I also did Buddy
Holly but it did not turn out well at all.

Here's a closeup below.

QS

Attached Thumbnails
Seasonal? Maybe.-071028025a-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Fri, 2 Nov 2007 13:14:40 -0400, "Quantsuff"
wrote:

The stencil can be found at
http://www.fabulousfoods.com/holiday...umpplans2.html. I just
zoomed the image on the monitor and traced the outline. I also did Buddy
Holly but it did not turn out well at all.

Here's a closeup below.

QS

Thanks again, Quantsuff. I'll keep this on file. I haven't carved a
Jack O'Lantern in years, but maybe I'll give it a try next season,
following your inspiration.

Very cool stuff!

Tom

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

In keeping with the occasion (albeit somewhat late - the server lost my

WOW! That's incredibly cool.

Not just the circuit, but the concept, too. Also, that's some
excellent pumpkin carving. Is that John Lennon I see?

Thanks for posting.

Tom

You should have seen "Double Dee" he posted
last year (?). :-) :-)

Ed

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"ehsjr" wrote...

You should have seen "Double Dee" he posted
last year (?). :-) :-)

Ed

I was concerned that the Feds wanted some sort of safety labelling: do you
know where one can get signs that read, "Danger: Low Voltage"? :P

Still have that creation of yours?

QS

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Quantsuff wrote:
"ehsjr" wrote...

You should have seen "Double Dee" he posted
last year (?). :-) :-)

Ed

I was concerned that the Feds wanted some sort of safety labelling: do you
know where one can get signs that read, "Danger: Low Voltage"? :P

Still have that creation of yours?

QS

:-) Yep. How did you draw the "seasonal" schematic on
the image?

Ed
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"ehsjr" wrote in message
Quantsuff wrote:
"ehsjr" wrote...

I was concerned that the Feds wanted some sort of safety labelling: do
you know where one can get signs that read, "Danger: Low Voltage"? :P

Still have that creation of yours?

QS

:-) Yep. How did you draw the "seasonal" schematic on
the image?

Ed

Can you post a pic of it again?

For the circuit imprint, start with a 'negative' (white on black) image of
the schematic and 'OR' it to the base image. A breeze with Photoshop, but
doable on Thumbsplus, which is what I used.

QS

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Quantsuff wrote:
"ehsjr" wrote in message

Quantsuff wrote:

"ehsjr" wrote...

I was concerned that the Feds wanted some sort of safety labelling: do
you know where one can get signs that read, "Danger: Low Voltage"? :P

Still have that creation of yours?

QS

:-) Yep. How did you draw the "seasonal" schematic on
the image?

Ed

Can you post a pic of it again?

For the circuit imprint, start with a 'negative' (white on black) image of
the schematic and 'OR' it to the base image. A breeze with Photoshop, but
doable on Thumbsplus, which is what I used.

QS

Got a couple of old pics. Here you go...

Ed

Attached Thumbnails
Seasonal? Maybe.-doubledee-jpg  Seasonal? Maybe.-lowvoltageblinker-jpg  Seasonal? Maybe.-ledguy_head-jpg

Seasonal Trees Leon Woodworking 25 October 16th 07 03:03 PM
A Seasonal Plague--Help! Ron Home Repair 3 August 30th 06 03:56 AM
help seasonal home repair. [email protected] Home Repair 1 December 25th 05 08:32 PM
OT seasonal water pump William Wixon Metalworking 8 January 4th 05 06:48 AM
OT Seasonal Pastry Tip Zikki Malambo UK diy 3 December 16th 04 05:16 PM