Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default micro sd memory

hi, is any 8gb memory mucro sd avalible yet , is it possible to join
two microsd memory or not. thx for any info.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

macarty wrote:
hi, is any 8gb memory mucro sd avalible yet , is it possible to join
two microsd memory or not. thx for any info.

What does "join two microsd" mean ??

Solder them together ??

donald
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

i did find about a 8gb and 16gb coming out next year but i was wonder
if was possible to join two micro sd memory or not. thanx for the
link.
On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 17:47:28 -0700, ChairmanOfTheBored
wrote:

On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 19:36:24 -0500, macarty
wrote:

hi, is any 8gb memory mucro sd avalible yet , is it possible to join
two microsd memory or not. thx for any info.

Are you talking about the Sony form factor product?

As far as I know, the max is 4GB, and that is likely set in stone by
the bus width of the architecture.

However, after looking at wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MicroSD,

It appears that there are to be 6GB and 8GB releases. I don't know why
you didn't do a simple google search, as it was like the second link
listed.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

well don't know if will work or not .. don't know how the micro memory
works.

On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 19:58:44 -0600, Donald
wrote:

macarty wrote:
hi, is any 8gb memory mucro sd avalible yet , is it possible to join
two microsd memory or not. thx for any info.

What does "join two microsd" mean ??

Solder them together ??

donald

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

macarty wrote:
i did find about a 8gb and 16gb coming out next year but i was wonder
if was possible to join two micro sd memory or not. thanx for the
link.

I do not un derstand what you mean by "join".

Two chips wired together or two die bonded together ??

Either way, each chip/die needs its own command/data interface.

So, please help me understand what is "join".

donald

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

hi, join as solder or use some kind board where i can use two micro sd
memory for my mp3 player or phone.

like 4gb +4gb and i make 8gb storage. i know the samsung is coming
out with a 8gband a 16gb and will be avalible early 2008
On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 20:51:36 -0600, Donald
wrote:

macarty wrote:
i did find about a 8gb and 16gb coming out next year but i was wonder
if was possible to join two micro sd memory or not. thanx for the
link.

I do not un derstand what you mean by "join".

Two chips wired together or two die bonded together ??

Either way, each chip/die needs its own command/data interface.

So, please help me understand what is "join".

donald

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

macarty wrote:
hi, join as solder or use some kind board where i can use two micro sd
memory for my mp3 player or phone.

Ok, lets think this through.

Two chips are now in the "same socket as one".

A command is issued to the "one" chip.

Which chip should respond ?

Both will try to respond, both will be in the same address space.

So, no you can _not_ solder two chips together and expect the device to
know what you have done.

I am not sure why this is not obvious to the casual observer.

donald

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Donald wrote:
macarty wrote:
hi, join as solder or use some kind board where i can use two micro sd
memory for my mp3 player or phone.

Ok, lets think this through.

Two chips are now in the "same socket as one".

A command is issued to the "one" chip.

Which chip should respond ?

Both will try to respond, both will be in the same address space.

So, no you can _not_ solder two chips together and expect the device to
know what you have done.

I am not sure why this is not obvious to the casual observer.

donald

It has to do with the dumbing down of society with regard to
technical issues. Kids know how to use every new gadget in
the wide spectrum of electronic devices, but know nothing about
how any of it works. It is going to be interesting to see how
the US survives the next 20 years.

-Chuck
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

flipper wrote:
On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 19:47:27 -0600, Donald
wrote:

macarty wrote:

hi, join as solder or use some kind board where i can use two micro sd
memory for my mp3 player or phone.

Ok, lets think this through.

Two chips are now in the "same socket as one".

A command is issued to the "one" chip.

Which chip should respond ?

Both will try to respond, both will be in the same address space.

So, no you can _not_ solder two chips together and expect the device to
know what you have done.

I am not sure why this is not obvious to the casual observer.

Are you basing the 'obviousness' of your conclusion on your intimate
knowledge of the SD interface? Because, if so, that obviates the

Yes, I would agree with your statement in principle.

However, I did ask twice as to the nature of this "joining".

And the Op did state above,"join as solder or use some kind board where
i can use two micro sd memory for my mp3 player or phone."

So, your assertion is not correct.

The OP wants to push two devices into one slot.

This is the obvious I was trying to get at.

So, if the OP is still reading any of this, I hope he did learn
something and will be willing to do a little more homework as to
understanding this brave new world.

donald

Flipper: Good response, got me thinking on how to answer the OP.

generic 'obviousness' of it and, in the generic, what he describes as
the basic goal is done every day; it's called "chip select." And, in
fact, SD supports SPI which, surprise, has chip select.

Chip select is, of course, how multiple memory sticks are addressed in
multiple slots in your everyday PC (and often on the memory stick
itself) but, to his notion of 'combining', I have some very old boards
that were once used to hold multiple sticks so they could be plugged
into one PC slot.

And, btw, there were chips made with inverted chip select lines so you
could, literally, "solder two chips together" and have it work.

That doesn't mean the idea will work with his MP3 player because, as
the saying goes, the devil is in the details but it's by no means
"obvious to the casual observer" that the general idea could never
work.

donald

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

flipper wrote:

wrote:

macarty wrote:

hi, join as solder or use some kind board where i can use two micro sd
memory for my mp3 player or phone.

Ok, lets think this through.

Two chips are now in the "same socket as one".

A command is issued to the "one" chip.

Which chip should respond ?

Both will try to respond, both will be in the same address space.

So, no you can _not_ solder two chips together and expect the device to
know what you have done.

I am not sure why this is not obvious to the casual observer.

Are you basing the 'obviousness' of your conclusion on your intimate
knowledge of the SD interface? Because, if so, that obviates the

Yes, I would agree with your statement in principle.

However, I did ask twice as to the nature of this "joining".

To coin a word, his meaning was rather 'obvious', I would think. He
would like 8gb of memory and wondered if that can be accomplished by
using two 4gb modules, somehow, because 'single' 8gb modules won't be
available till next year.

And the Op did state above,"join as solder or use some kind board where
i can use two micro sd memory for my mp3 player or phone."

That's pretty much how I 'join' most electrical devices; with solder
and PCB (or wire or equivalent). Don't you?

So, your assertion is not correct.

I don't see anything in your analysis to support that conclusion and I
can (and did) provide examples of 'joining' memory modules for use in

I think we are beating two sides of the same coin.

Yes, I agree that all signals are the same, execpt (CS) Chip Select.

I think we both agree that two device connected to the same CS signal is
not going to work.

I don't know of any mp3 players or phones ( as the OP requested )
haveing more than one (1) slot.

So the OPs question (i can use two micro sd memory for my mp3 player or
phone.) was to stick two devices into one slot.

This is where this whole discussion falls apart.

Yes, with two CS signals this can work. But there is only one available
in a single slot.

But, this is now academic. the OP is lost and has moved on to find
someone else to give him what he wants. ( an 8GB module)

donald

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 18:26:38 -0700, ChairmanOfTheBored
wrote:

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 15:40:47 -0500, flipper wrote:

because 'single' 8gb modules won't be
available till next year.

Ever wonder why, dip****?

Is it bus width of the architecture as you suggested chairman? Is it
bacause of the Sony form factor product you suggesed chariman?

Nicad Memory Don Dando Woodworking 2 August 10th 06 05:17 PM
how to repair DDR memory RAM? wefixpcmotherboard Electronics Repair 2 July 7th 06 12:04 AM
Can you jog my memory, please? [email protected] Metalworking 5 January 26th 06 02:02 AM
Carpet Pad: Memory foam versus non-memory foam? [email protected] Home Repair 2 December 7th 05 04:15 AM
memory not detected Walter Hrutka Electronics Repair 6 October 2nd 04 12:59 AM