Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default Reshot prox fuze schematics

Attached Thumbnails
Reshot prox fuze schematics-prox1-jpg  Reshot prox fuze schematics-prox2-jpg  Reshot prox fuze schematics-prox3-jpg  Reshot prox fuze schematics-prox4-jpg  Reshot prox fuze schematics-prox5-jpg

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Gimmick" capacitor?

A transistor version would be fun in fireworks.

--

Reply in group, but if emailing add another
zero, and remove the last word.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Tom Del Rosso wrote:
"Gimmick" capacitor?

A gimmick is two pieces of insulated wire, about
1 inch long twisted together. The tightness, or
looseness determines the capacitance.

-Chuck

A transistor version would be fun in fireworks.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Chuck Harris wrote:

Tom Del Rosso wrote:
"Gimmick" capacitor?

A gimmick is two pieces of insulated wire, about
1 inch long twisted together. The tightness, or
looseness determines the capacitance.

Another version was a pair of enameled wires, wrapped together with a
single silk or thin cotton thread so the wires couldn't move. It was
tuned by snipping off the end with a small pair of dikes.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Wed, 23 May 2007 17:18:32 -0400, Chuck Harris
wrote:

Tom Del Rosso wrote:
"Gimmick" capacitor?

A gimmick is two pieces of insulated wire, about
1 inch long twisted together. The tightness, or
looseness determines the capacitance.

Which is interesting in a tube circuit that will experience 16,000
g's.

John

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Mon, 21 May 2007 21:13:14 -0700, John Larkin wrote:

(pics from circuit book)

Ah, what nostalgia! MegaFarads and MegaMegaFarads! Those were the days!
;-P

Cheers!
Rich