Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default For sed thread : sillyamp

dual "C" core for orthogonal fluxes.

--
Thanks,
Fred.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Paraformer_cores.pdf (5.3 KB, 48 views)
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Fred Bartoli wrote:

dual "C" core for orthogonal fluxes.

How do you cut the ferrite? I have done it with a wet diamond saw but
with rather mix success.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 11:10:39 +0200, Fred Bartoli
r_AndThisToo wrote:

dual "C" core for orthogonal fluxes.

If M.C. Escher designed megnetics...

John

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Joerg a écrit :
Fred Bartoli wrote:

dual "C" core for orthogonal fluxes.

How do you cut the ferrite? I have done it with a wet diamond saw but
with rather mix success.

I don't :-)

That was just drawn to illustrate a way of doing permeability modulation.

Also I don't think this one can be done with ferrite because you want to
saturate one portion of the path, so you need no gap at the two cores
interface.
With laminated core you still (pun) have enough elasticity to press the
core at the interface against the other.

Ok, I should have drawn rounded shapes.

--
Thanks,
Fred.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

r_AndThisToo wrote:

dual "C" core for orthogonal fluxes.

If M.C. Escher designed megnetics...

That would've been for an over unity stair case generator then.

--
Thanks,
Fred.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Fred Bartoli wrote:

Joerg a écrit :

Fred Bartoli wrote:

dual "C" core for orthogonal fluxes.

How do you cut the ferrite? I have done it with a wet diamond saw but
with rather mix success.

I don't :-)

Any other fellow NG posters done that? There has got to be a trick. Ok,
while I used a top of the line diamond blade it was not a new blade. Had
a few dozen hours on its back already. My guess is that the blade
resonates too much since it is 7" (about 18cm) in diameter. Should try
it with a 4".

That was just drawn to illustrate a way of doing permeability modulation.

Also I don't think this one can be done with ferrite because you want to
saturate one portion of the path, so you need no gap at the two cores
interface.

It could probably be done via precision lapping. But that would be
really, really expensive.

With laminated core you still (pun) have enough elasticity to press the
core at the interface against the other.

Ok, I should have drawn rounded shapes.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Mmm, lapidary shop.

Tim

--
"Librarians are hiding something." - Steven Colbert

"Joerg" wrote in message
et...
Fred Bartoli wrote:

dual "C" core for orthogonal fluxes.

How do you cut the ferrite? I have done it with a wet diamond saw but
with rather mix success.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Joerg" wrote in
message
et
Fred Bartoli wrote:

dual "C" core for orthogonal fluxes.

How do you cut the ferrite? I have done it with a wet
diamond saw but with rather mix success.

Seems like that should work. What went wrong?

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Sun, 1 Apr 2007 14:50:33 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

"Joerg" wrote in
message
. net
Fred Bartoli wrote:

dual "C" core for orthogonal fluxes.

How do you cut the ferrite? I have done it with a wet
diamond saw but with rather mix success.

Seems like that should work. What went wrong?

Youth and hurrying ;-) I successfully cut and drill glass and
ceramics all the time.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |