Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Joerg Joerg is offline

Default For sed thread : sillyamp

Fred Bartoli wrote:

Joerg a écrit :

Fred Bartoli wrote:

dual "C" core for orthogonal fluxes.

How do you cut the ferrite? I have done it with a wet diamond saw but
with rather mix success.

I don't :-)

Any other fellow NG posters done that? There has got to be a trick. Ok,
while I used a top of the line diamond blade it was not a new blade. Had
a few dozen hours on its back already. My guess is that the blade
resonates too much since it is 7" (about 18cm) in diameter. Should try
it with a 4".

That was just drawn to illustrate a way of doing permeability modulation.

Also I don't think this one can be done with ferrite because you want to
saturate one portion of the path, so you need no gap at the two cores
interface.

It could probably be done via precision lapping. But that would be
really, really expensive.

With laminated core you still (pun) have enough elasticity to press the
core at the interface against the other.

Ok, I should have drawn rounded shapes.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com