Posted to rec.woodworking
Kevin Coleman

Default Unisaw Gloat

I saw that Timberlinetools is selling the Unisaw x5 with 50 inch Beisimeyer
fence for 1495 with shipping. I called Amazon and then price matched it
for a total of 1448 including shipping. This if before the 100 rebate
bringing my total cost to 1348 for a brand new Unisaw. When I also ordered
the mobile base, they were having a special deal and it was free. I think
thats a pretty good deal for the saw. I also noted on Amazon that if you
buy the left tilt model they throw in a Jet canister dust collector. I
didnt ask as I didnt want to blow the deal but since they gave me the base
for free, I assume they would have also include that as well. That would
have been a major gloat.

Posted to rec.woodworking
bf

Kevin Coleman wrote:
I saw that Timberlinetools is selling the Unisaw x5 with 50 inch Beisimeyer
fence for 1495 with shipping. I called Amazon and then price matched it
for a total of 1448 including shipping. This if before the 100 rebate
bringing my total cost to 1348 for a brand new Unisaw. When I also ordered
the mobile base, they were having a special deal and it was free. I think
thats a pretty good deal for the saw. I also noted on Amazon that if you
buy the left tilt model they throw in a Jet canister dust collector. I
didnt ask as I didnt want to blow the deal but since they gave me the base
for free, I assume they would have also include that as well. That would
have been a major gloat.

Nice deal, enjoy your saw.

Posted to rec.woodworking

can I do the real gloat then (see my recent posting) ... pretty
much the same price, including shipping and the dust collector from
amazon! (I had a decision to make. I could take an additional 10% off
the 1380 or so saw cost or I could have the dust collector, but not
both. I chose the collector as the "shop vac with a dust collector bag
hooked onto the exhaust" method will only work for me for so long. The
dust collector was also not eligable for free shipping so it cost me 47
bucks to ship it. None the less, for $1500 I am getting a left tilt 3
hp x5 unisaw, the base, and a dust collector. Congratulations on your
great deal--it looks like patience paid off for both of us.
Lawrence