Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Quilt hanger

Here's a picture of a quilt (wall) hanger I made for my wife for her
birthday this month. It's made of 3/4 in. stock, 5 ft long x 2 in wide and
consists of two boards that are clamped together to pinch and hold the edge
of the quilt. The inside of the boards have a 1/2 in. wide x 1/8 in. deep
groove just up from the lower edge about 3/16 of an inch to catch and hold
the quilt edge. The knobs are face turned and have small hanger bolts
screwed into them with the other end screwing into T-nuts recessed in the
back of the board. The hanger attaches to the wall with key hole slots.
This one is made out of Bird's eye maple with cherry wood knobs.. Hard to
tell from picture.. Maybe should have popped the grain a little..

Attached Thumbnails
Quilt hanger-quilt-hanger-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Jim Hall laid this down on his screen :
Here's a picture of a quilt (wall) hanger I made for my wife for her birthday
this month. It's made of 3/4 in. stock, 5 ft long x 2 in wide and consists
of two boards that are clamped together to pinch and hold the edge of the
quilt. The inside of the boards have a 1/2 in. wide x 1/8 in. deep groove
just up from the lower edge about 3/16 of an inch to catch and hold the quilt
edge. The knobs are face turned and have small hanger bolts screwed into
them with the other end screwing into T-nuts recessed in the back of the
board. The hanger attaches to the wall with key hole slots. This one is made
out of Bird's eye maple with cherry wood knobs.. Hard to tell from picture..
Maybe should have popped the grain a little..

Nice and clean, good job.

Here are a couple of mine.

http://www.palindrome.com.au/woodwork/quilthangers.html

Mekon

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

I did one too....

Attached Thumbnails
Quilt hanger-quiltrack-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"mapdude" wrote in message
. ..
I did one too....

Me to, but kinda wierd by conventional standards.

RonB

Attached Thumbnails
Quilt hanger-quitlstd4-jpg  Quilt hanger-quitlstd_afgan-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"RonB" wrote in message
"mapdude" wrote in message
. ..
I did one too....

Me to, but kinda wierd by conventional standards.

RonB

I love it.

Just the thing for a modern are quilt.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message
. ..

"RonB" wrote in message
"mapdude" wrote in message
. ..
I did one too....

Me to, but kinda wierd by conventional standards.

RonB

I love it.

Just the thing for a modern are quilt.

Oops,

That should read "modern ART quilt".

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message
. ..

"RonB" wrote in message
"mapdude" wrote in message
. ..
I did one too....

Me to, but kinda wierd by conventional standards.

RonB

I love it.

Just the thing for a modern are quilt.

Except they're hanging afghans, not quilts. Let's have some truth in
advertising here. ;-)

todd

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Jim Hall wrote:
Here's a picture of a quilt (wall) hanger I made for my wife for her
birthday this month.

Is the ladder for dunking the ball? G

Nice rack!
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

mapdude wrote:
I did one too....

_YOU'RE_ the one with the ball-dunking ladder!
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

B A R R Y wrote:
Jim Hall wrote:
Here's a picture of a quilt (wall) hanger I made for my wife for her
birthday this month.

Is the ladder for dunking the ball? G

Nice rack!

Sorry, you're not the ladder owner. The rack is still nice!

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Greeting,

This may not work for what you want, but I used it for hanging rugs and throws on my wall. I hidden and just works.

I used carpet takless strip. Comes three strip in a 36" package.

W. Kirk Crawford
Tularosa, New Mexico

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Nice.. Artsy.. Let your creativity go.. kind of project From appearance
looks like you had fun building with all the joint work.. My wife now wants
what appears to be a (quilt) ladder for the next one.. Of course there are
many other honey do's lined up.. At present, deep into crown molding, new
baseboard molding, new window and door trim, built-in bookcases, fireplace
mantel and recessed lighting in living room.. So ladder will have to wait..
Thanks for sharing..

"RonB" wrote in message
"mapdude" wrote in message
. ..
I did one too....

Me to, but kinda wierd by conventional standards.

RonB

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Nice.. Work in progress.. I have a very similar (portable) workbench..
Much easier to move around than one of those heavy hardwood jobs with all
the vices, etc. Give me a handfull of clamps and I'm good..

"mapdude" wrote in message
. ..
I did one too....

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Actually the joint work was much easier than I anticipated. I build some
hardwood rocking horses to that have about 100 parts in them. Folks look at
the quilt (afghan) stand and think it is super complex. It takes 60 hours
to put a horse together. The stand can be done in a weekend; and a lot of
that is waiting for glue.

RonB

"Jim Hall" wrote in message
news
Nice.. Artsy.. Let your creativity go.. kind of project From appearance
looks like you had fun building with all the joint work.. My wife now
wants what appears to be a (quilt) ladder for the next one.. Of course
there are many other honey do's lined up.. At present, deep into crown
molding, new baseboard molding, new window and door trim, built-in
bookcases, fireplace mantel and recessed lighting in living room.. So
ladder will have to wait.. Thanks for sharing..

"RonB" wrote in message
. ..

QUILT RACK J T Woodworking 0 April 23rd 07 05:47 AM
cleaning or washing the quilt. ODB Home Repair 14 March 9th 07 04:00 AM
Quilt rack spindles [email protected] Woodturning 1 November 7th 05 11:33 AM
Loft quilt zaax UK diy 6 October 22nd 05 08:03 AM
Finish for Quilt Rack Edward Woodworking 0 December 14th 04 12:13 PM