Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Jim Hall[_2_] Jim Hall[_2_] is offline

Default Quilt hanger

Very decorative.. Country look with a shelf on top..! Very cool..

"Mekon" wrote in message
. ..
Jim Hall laid this down on his screen :
Here's a picture of a quilt (wall) hanger I made for my wife for her
birthday this month. It's made of 3/4 in. stock, 5 ft long x 2 in wide
and consists of two boards that are clamped together to pinch and hold
the edge of the quilt. The inside of the boards have a 1/2 in. wide x
1/8 in. deep groove just up from the lower edge about 3/16 of an inch to
catch and hold the quilt edge. The knobs are face turned and have small
hanger bolts screwed into them with the other end screwing into T-nuts
recessed in the back of the board. The hanger attaches to the wall with
key hole slots. This one is made out of Bird's eye maple with cherry wood
knobs.. Hard to tell from picture.. Maybe should have popped the grain a
little..

Nice and clean, good job.

Here are a couple of mine.

http://www.palindrome.com.au/woodwork/quilthangers.html