Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Edward

Default Finish for Quilt Rack

I'm glad this thread was created. I'm working on a walnut quilt rack
myself for an Amish quilt that was made for me by some of our Amish
friends in Maryland. I was concerned about using tung oil too. Thanks
for everyone's comments.

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 23:29:52 GMT, patriarch
wrote:

"Jake" wrote in
roups.com:

Do you think shellac would work?

wrote:
Poly will give you the best ware. I wouldn't use oil because ... its
OIL!!! Laquer would be OK too but Poly is stronger and I'd prefer it
for a working piece, like a rack.

I did one for my wife last year for Christmas. Oak, with walnut accents.

1 coat of Watco Natural. 6 coats of wiped on SuperBlonde shellac, Paddy-
style. 2 coats Briwax clear furniture wax.

Looks as good as new, and she's happy with it.

Patriarch

Wax Finish Help? CBlood59 Woodworking 8 August 18th 04 03:12 PM
Patches of missing finish on oak tables -- how to repair and match color? Tekla Woodworking 1 March 5th 04 02:28 AM