Derek Hartzell

Default inapropreate postings.

The type of people who post such are not woodturners. They are only
troublemakers.

Doug Miller

In article , unknown wrote:
I was hopping that someone in charge of this group could

lock that kind of thing out. I also do not open that type of
thing. thanks for your replies. Walter

This is an unmoderated newsgroup, which means that there is no-one in charge.

If your newsreader does not support filtering, get one that does and learn how
to use it. Otherwise, learn to ignore things you don't want to see.
Pain Devine

If your newsreader does not support filtering, get one that does and learn

how
to use it. Otherwise, learn to ignore things you don't want to see.

OOOO!!! How do I ignore democrats?

Leo Lichtman

"Pain Devine" wrote: OOOO!!! How do I ignore democrats?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Should be easy for you, since your brain is dominated by ignorance. Please
don't be offended. I mean this in the best possible sense, as I assume you
did also.

Pain Devine

Well, I'm not a republican... They annoy me to. I'm just "more" annoyed by
democrats.

How do you ignore a republican? Well, if you follow the lead of most
liberals around here, you need to grow your hair out, never comb it, drench
yourself in patulli, make a bunch of picket signs that say the word
"Halliburton" a bunch of times and then stand on the street corner down the
street from my house screaming about injustice when they bust you for
marijuana possession.

I'm fairly sure most of the rebublicans will stay far away from you after
all that. Well, besides Martha Stewart... she might end up being forced to
be near ya. ;-)

How do we ignore Republicans? We need equal time here.

Barry

George

Had to look it up. Don't know if that means I'm a Republican or just a
former deputy. Patchouli, eh? When we booked the worst of our potheads we
actually tried to isolate them from the rest, because their body odor for a
week after drew complaints even from those who smoked the stuff on the
outside.

Getting ready for a show this weekend where they allow an "advocacy" row of
authors and cause solicitors. Last year my spot was downwind of a
malodorous environmental group trying to get more wolves or something. Even
those with fuzzy legs, ponytails and Birkenstocks walked faster past them.
Hope I get a little farther away this year.

Come to think, perhaps the juries are trying to tell me something. Went to
a cheesehead show where there was a vent for a tavern septic field in the
corner of the display area. At first it was sort of funny. When someone
flushed, the people in the tent would give each other the surreptitious
"elevator" look. After a few times, it just got disgusting. Got an
invitation this year with a guarantee of distance, but didn't take it.

"Pain Devine" wrote in message
How do you ignore a republican? Well, if you follow the lead of most
liberals around here, you need to grow your hair out, never comb it,

drench
yourself in patulli, make a bunch of picket signs that say the word
"Halliburton" a bunch of times and then stand on the street corner down

the
street from my house screaming about injustice when they bust you for
marijuana possession.

Pain Devine

Martha is a flaming Democrat, not a Republican.

Yea... but the joke fit soo well...

anyways, I think Martha is just "Fashionable" and amongst the rich Hollywood
elitists it's "Fashionable" to be a democrat now. All of us poor, un-famous
hicks are apparently too stupid to take care of ourselves.. So they need to
step in and give us wellfare and a federal healthcare plan. It's so nice
that they care so much. ;-)

Chuck

--
Chuck *#:^)
chaz3913(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

September 11, 2001 - Never Forget

Tony Manella

You're right, the money is much better spent by giving it to large
corporations. Who needs it more than them? They have such a hard time
making profits and if it weren't for the corporate welfare they receive they
would have to close their doors and lay off trillions of people. I say we
cut out welfare for the poor altogether and give the money to a company who
really needs it, like Microsoft. They seem to have problems producing an
operating system that can't be hacked into by your average 12 year old so I
think they could really use the money.

Lets face it, no matter whether you vote for Kerry or Chaney, were screwed.
Both are tax and spend politicians. I say lets all vote for Nader, he will
show us the light and lead us to nirvana. Or maybe not. How about Lyndon
LaRouche? Time for me to take my meds.

On a woodturning note, anyone wanna trade some wood? (have to make this an
appropriate post)

Tony Manella
ndd1"at"prolog.net (remove "at")
http://home.ptd.net/~ndd1/
Lehigh Valley Woodturners
http://www.lehighvalleywoodturners.com/

"Anonymous" wrote in message
newsan.2004.07.22.04.08.12.967683@notarealserver .com...
On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 17:37:00 -0500, Pain Devine wrote:

Martha is a flaming Democrat, not a Republican.

Yea... but the joke fit soo well...

anyways, I think Martha is just "Fashionable" and amongst the rich
Hollywood elitists it's "Fashionable" to be a democrat now. All of us
poor, un-famous hicks are apparently too stupid to take care of
ourselves.. So they need to step in and give us wellfare and a federal
healthcare plan. It's so nice that they care so much. ;-)

The only problem with 'giving' welfare and a federal healthcare plan is
that they also pass along the invoice ... generally to those least likely
to directly benefit from the program.

Me, for instance.

Bill

--
http://cannaday.us (genealogy)
http://organic-earth.com (organic gardening)

Pain Devine

hehe... I have 2 experiences relating to what your talking about:

#1. My ex-girlfriend was divorced with 2 kids (not mine) and was on
Government assisted living. (The state paid her rent) Basically they gave
her a place to live and then based how much her rent was on her current
situation. And it was a VERY nice appartment. 2 storys and a basement. Nicer
than anywhere I've ever lived. They based her rent on a complex equation
that factored in the # of kids, their ages, her pay rate.... etc... she had
a minimum wage job at a movie theater. After the equation was all done her
rent was negative $22. That's right folks.... they mailed her a check once a
month for $22 to live there... she got paid. Then she'd take the $22 and go
buy a case of beer. She couldn't get a better job because, if she did, her
rent would go up exponentially.

#2. A friend of mine lives in England. They have a national healthcare
system there. She went in becuase she thought she had an STD. They told her
that she didn't have an STD without doing a blood test. She demanded a blood
test. The National healthcare provider told her if she didn't leave them
alone, they'd pull her coverage. A Natioanl healthcare system is like having
1 giant HMO that you can't ever get rid of. They tell you what they'll pay
for, and you can't do anything about it.

George

And then there's the "Earned Income Tax Credit" (EIC) you didn't see. Gives
a refund to someone who doesn't pay taxes.

Damn, I wish I were one of the _deserving_ poor....

Pain Devine

Well, I'm one of the "deserving poor." I just got a new job and am up to
$14.60/hr WOOOOT!

anyways... I make like $30k per year... I pay in like $6k throughout the
year and then I get about $1k back at tax time. Then I listen to my
co-workers bitch about the "Rich" not paying their taxes... For the love of
god! If you're making $200k+ a year they take 50% in income tax alone...
then you have property taxes we poor don't have to worry about... in fact,
we get a rebate based on our rent. I get like $400 a year for that. THEN
Bush sends me a $300 check last year... I basically don't pay taxes. So I
say "Thanks rich people! Thanks for paying for my roads, and my police, and
my army... Oh! and all the cool fireworks earlier this month... and for
making the internet..." well, I think you get the idea.

"George" george@least wrote in message
And then there's the "Earned Income Tax Credit" (EIC) you didn't see.

Gives
a refund to someone who doesn't pay taxes.

Damn, I wish I were one of the _deserving_ poor....

Rob Stearns

And then there are "deferred" taxes (well here in Canada anyway) This is a
polite euphamism that allows approx 60,000 profitable corporations to
legally wriggle out of paying any taxes at all. Leona Helmsley, was
apparently right, "taxes *are* for little people"

Apologies for OT material.