Rob Stearns

Default inapropreate postings.

And then there are "deferred" taxes (well here in Canada anyway) This is a
polite euphamism that allows approx 60,000 profitable corporations to
legally wriggle out of paying any taxes at all. Leona Helmsley, was
apparently right, "taxes *are* for little people"

Apologies for OT material.

"George" george@least wrote in message
And then there's the "Earned Income Tax Credit" (EIC) you didn't see.

Gives
a refund to someone who doesn't pay taxes.

Damn, I wish I were one of the _deserving_ poor....

#1. My ex-girlfriend was divorced with 2 kids (not mine) and was on
Government assisted living. (The state paid her rent) Basically they

gave
her a place to live and then based how much her rent was on her current
situation. And it was a VERY nice appartment. 2 storys and a basement.

Nicer
than anywhere I've ever lived. They based her rent on a complex equation
that factored in the # of kids, their ages, her pay rate.... etc... she

had
a minimum wage job at a movie theater. After the equation was all done

her
rent was negative $22. That's right folks.... they mailed her a check

once
month for $22 to live there... she got paid. Then she'd take the $22 and

go
buy a case of beer. She couldn't get a better job because, if she did,

her
rent would go up exponentially.