Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default ping Huge - window screens!

Have you had any luck sourcing window screens?

I've seen some recently on Amazon, and was wondering if you'd tried
them. Buying in the UK would certainly be easier for me than carrying
them from the US (shipping from the US would be ridiculously expensive).
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2017-05-08, S Viemeister wrote:
Have you had any luck sourcing window screens?

I've seen some recently on Amazon, and was wondering if you'd tried
them. Buying in the UK would certainly be easier for me than carrying
them from the US (shipping from the US would be ridiculously expensive).

We were planning to buy some on an upcoming trip to the US, but I'd
still rather get them in the UK.

All the ones on Amazon seem to be of the "sheet of mesh fastened to the
frame with velcro" type. Do they do any where the mesh mounts onto an
aluminium extrusion frame? Like this;

I did the velcro type about 20 years ago, before kits were on the
market. They worked, but the velcro eventually degrades in the sun.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/5-16-in-x...1636/206613125

These look interesting.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Culex-Fensterfliegengitter-Basic-White-100010301/dp/B00VHYNFGY/ref=lp_6239481031_1_12?srs=6239481031&ie=UTF8&qid= 1494185163&sr=8-12
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2017-05-08, S Viemeister wrote:

The two I bought, the Velcro was woefully inadequate and I had to buy

some
to replace it from the word "go".

I bought super-heavy-duty stuff, which worked well. I outsmarted myself,
though, by removing the screens for the winter - which exposed the hook
part to sunlight, which turned them to dust.

These look interesting.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Culex-Fensterfliegengitter-Basic-White-100010301/dp/B00VHYNFGY/ref=lp_6239481031_1_12?srs=6239481031&ie=UTF8&qid= 1494185163&sr=8-12

£25!!!!!

A bit cheaper in multiples, and better quality than the Home Depot stuff.
I'm tempted. Midge season will be here soon, and I only have two of the
old velcro screens left.

Repair window screens Higgs Boson[_2_] Home Repair 18 August 7th 13 10:02 PM
Basement Window Screens? Ron Hardin Home Repair 2 June 20th 09 02:04 AM
Window screens Jo Ann Home Repair 0 June 24th 06 08:23 PM
Window screens Jo Ann Home Repair 0 June 24th 06 08:22 PM
Window screens Eigenvector Home Repair 10 June 24th 06 07:08 PM