Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dishwasher error says 'filling fault' but it fills (Baumatic BDW10, error code E1)

I'm trying to work out what's wrong with our Baumatic BDW10
dishwasher. It's giving an E1 error at the end of the fill cycle.

I.e. when one starts a cycle:-

The drain pump runs to empty any old water out.

The inlet opens and water goes into the dishwasher.

Now it should start washing, but instead I get the E1 error, even
though there is enough water in the dishwasher, or it looks as if
there is.

So, what might be wrong? Is it taking too long to fill and only
telling me at the end of the fill cycle? Or maybe is it not detecting
when it has enough water and just timing out so that it doesn't flood
the floor?

Any/all ideas would be welcome. It's a fairly old dishwasher so I'm
fairly happy to try moderately drastic solutions! :-) It's all
beatifully clean and tidy down underneath though, no corrosion or
anything.

--
Chris Green
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
writes:
[...]

You might get the exact meaning of E1 from a white goods forum as
Dave says.

Does it take a long time to fill? It may be tripping a fill timer.
There's often a filter in one end of the filling hose, which might
have got blocked with crud.

If the hose has been attached for a long time, you may need to replace
the rubber washers if you disurb them and they've gone rock hard.
Sometimes the filter is part of one of the rubber washers.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Gas Stove F-3 error code William Home Repair 1 March 17th 07 05:22 AM
error code on a/c J.Lef Home Repair 2 June 25th 06 07:41 PM
jvc gr-ax400 error code Paul Helpfull Electronics Repair 1 April 22nd 05 09:44 AM