DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Dishwasher error says 'filling fault' but it fills (Baumatic BDW10, error code E1) (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/325303-dishwasher-error-says-filling-fault-but-fills-baumatic-bdw10-error-code-e1.html)

[email protected] June 29th 11 05:54 PM

Dishwasher error says 'filling fault' but it fills (Baumatic BDW10, error code E1)

I'm trying to work out what's wrong with our Baumatic BDW10
dishwasher. It's giving an E1 error at the end of the fill cycle.

I.e. when one starts a cycle:-

The drain pump runs to empty any old water out.

The inlet opens and water goes into the dishwasher.

Now it should start washing, but instead I get the E1 error, even
though there is enough water in the dishwasher, or it looks as if
there is.

So, what might be wrong? Is it taking too long to fill and only
telling me at the end of the fill cycle? Or maybe is it not detecting
when it has enough water and just timing out so that it doesn't flood
the floor?

Any/all ideas would be welcome. It's a fairly old dishwasher so I'm
fairly happy to try moderately drastic solutions! :-) It's all
beatifully clean and tidy down underneath though, no corrosion or
anything.

--
Chris Green

Dave Liquorice[_2_] June 29th 11 06:28 PM

Dishwasher error says 'filling fault' but it fills (Baumatic BDW10, error code E1)

On Wed, 29 Jun 2011 17:54:26 +0100, wrote:

So, what might be wrong?

Donno, there is a whitegoods forum/website somewhere that is
populated by very helpfull and knowledgable folks.

Is it taking too long to fill and only telling me at the end of the fill
cycle? Or maybe is it not detecting when it has enough water and just
timing out so that it doesn't flood the floor?

Could be, I'd look for an pressure operated disphgram switch and
check that the tube leading to it isn't blocked and that it operates
when you blow down the tube.

Google images for dishwasher pressure switch if you aren't sure what
you are looking for.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Andrew Gabriel July 2nd 11 03:44 PM

Dishwasher error says 'filling fault' but it fills (Baumatic BDW10, error code E1)

In article ,
writes:
[...]

You might get the exact meaning of E1 from a white goods forum as
Dave says.

Does it take a long time to fill? It may be tripping a fill timer.
There's often a filter in one end of the filling hose, which might
have got blocked with crud.

If the hose has been attached for a long time, you may need to replace
the rubber washers if you disurb them and they've gone rock hard.
Sometimes the filter is part of one of the rubber washers.

--
Andrew Gabriel