Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lidl Sizes.

I got caught out buying some overalls at Lidl - I think they were marked
46 GB and I assumed this was the chest size. They were more suited to a 7
ft tall body builder.

And idly looked at some trousers they had - sized from 38 to 46 again with
a GB beside it. Now not many have a 46 inch waist. So measured a pair
marked 46 GB/IE, 56 EUR. They were actually a 38" waist.

Can anyone explain?

--
*How about "never"? Is "never" good for you?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Is it some vague and fluid scale applied to overgarments like coats
and overalls where you're expected to have several layers underneath
already?

There's a mention he

http://reviews.ebay.com/Size-convers...00000002181633

And he

http://rallynuts.com/motorsport/OMP_...ralls_4059.asp

If you click on "Size Chart" and then "Imperial", it seems a EUR 56
could be between 36.5 and 41 waist depending on manufacturer.

It also suggest that for a 46" chest size, you'd need a 60 or 62 EUR,
be 6"2' to 6"3' and weigh between 15 and 16 stone.

Perhaps it's the opposite of the vanity sizing and size zero stuff
that happens with women's clothes?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"mike" wrote in message
Is it some vague and fluid scale applied to overgarments like coats
and overalls where you're expected to have several layers underneath
already?

There's a mention he

http://reviews.ebay.com/Size-convers...00000002181633

And he

http://rallynuts.com/motorsport/OMP_...ralls_4059.asp

If you click on "Size Chart" and then "Imperial", it seems a EUR 56
could be between 36.5 and 41 waist depending on manufacturer.

It also suggest that for a 46" chest size, you'd need a 60 or 62 EUR,
be 6"2' to 6"3' and weigh between 15 and 16 stone.

I had the same problem at Lidl and queried it with the staff. They said take
it home, be sure to keep all the packaging. Then you can bring it back and
we will refund your money which they did
Alan

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I got caught out buying some overalls at Lidl - I think they were marked
46 GB and I assumed this was the chest size. They were more suited to a 7
ft tall body builder.

And idly looked at some trousers they had - sized from 38 to 46 again with
a GB beside it. Now not many have a 46 inch waist. So measured a pair
marked 46 GB/IE, 56 EUR. They were actually a 38" waist.

Can anyone explain?

Then shoe, boot and trainer sizes, I take GB size 11. Very often, the
range of offerings from Lidl and Aldi stop at 10.

Maybe their home people come off a production line, sized to exact
Audi/VW specifications without much variances..

Or is that the Japanese ...

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 8 Sep 2010 08:38:08 +0100, Roberts wrote:

"mike" wrote in message
Is it some vague and fluid scale applied to overgarments like coats
and overalls where you're expected to have several layers underneath
already?

There's a mention he

http://reviews.ebay.com/Size-convers...00000002181633

And he

http://rallynuts.com/motorsport/OMP_...ralls_4059.asp

If you click on "Size Chart" and then "Imperial", it seems a EUR 56
could be between 36.5 and 41 waist depending on manufacturer.

It also suggest that for a 46" chest size, you'd need a 60 or 62 EUR,
be 6"2' to 6"3' and weigh between 15 and 16 stone.

I had the same problem at Lidl and queried it with the staff. They said take
it home, be sure to keep all the packaging. Then you can bring it back and
we will refund your money which they did
Alan

Did that with the trekking trousers last week. An open pack of 36 was too
small so I bought 40. They were too tight and I always have 36 so that the
waist band is down my hips a bit and then the legs are long enough.
Took 'em back and got refund.
Shan't buy trousers there again.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Roberts wrote:
I had the same problem at Lidl and queried it with the staff. They said
take it home, be sure to keep all the packaging. Then you can bring it
back and we will refund your money which they did

Yes - but a right faff if you actually want the goods.

I've contacted them via their website and asked for an explanation of what
their sizing means. I did ask in the store and the lady manager didn't
know. Mentioned shoe sizes as an example. But I said I knew my shoe size.
;-)

The UK standard for mens pants tend to be either the waist size in inches,
ie the circumference, or small medium large etc if something like
tracksuit bottoms. If it went metric I'd expect the waist size to be
measured in the same way but in centimetres.

--
*El nino made me do it

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
I've contacted them via their website and asked for an explanation of
what their sizing means. I did ask in the store and the lady manager
didn't know. Mentioned shoe sizes as an example. But I said I knew my
shoe size. ;-)

Got a phone call from 'them' yesterday in response to my email. Said they
had been incorrectly labelled. But couldn't tell me what the sizing
actually meant, ie, if it was for another country. Which is what I asked.
;-)

--
*If a thing is worth doing, wouldn't it have been done already?

Lidl SDS Harry Bloomfield[_3_] UK diy 0 April 13th 10 10:38 PM
SDS at Lidl for £20 The Medway Handyman UK diy 8 September 3rd 09 11:11 PM
Lidl by Lidl The Medway Handyman UK diy 5 January 8th 09 04:25 PM
Its Lidl again :-) George UK diy 27 March 29th 08 09:53 AM
DIY at Lidl Mary Fisher UK diy 1 January 20th 05 02:34 PM