Finding 70mm Skirting Trunking.

Old June 25th 10, 08:56 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Finding 70mm Skirting Trunking.

Hi All,

Some time ago I installed about 4 metres of 70mm high x 20mm deep pvc
skirting trunking, with three internal compartments, to carry speaker
cables, cat 5, etc. This came from B&Q, and although expensive for what it
was, did what I wanted, and was a reasonable match for our (70s) wooden
skirting.

I now need some more, and B&Q (inevitably) have changed the type stocked to
a different design of 100mm type.

I've found the original (with some difficulty) at:

http://www.rehau.co.uk/building.solu...trunking.shtml

as the SL slimline range, and it's also (I think) referenced as
Hager/Tehalit elsewhere.

However, I'm buggered if I can find anyone actually selling it (esp in small
quantities). I've tried all the usual suspects, TLC, CPC, etc, and every
search combination I can think of.

Has anyone come across this, or a similar 70mm skirting trunking? Ideas
gratefully received, or otherwise I think I'm going to be making a recess in
the back of wooden skirting, and wondering how to fix it semipermanently to
the wall.

Thanks,

Charles F

Old June 25th 10, 09:11 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

"Charles Fearnley" wrote in
message ...
[...]

Why not ring their sales office and ask?

Tony

Old June 25th 10, 09:16 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

"TMC" wrote in message

[...]

Regarding modifying wooden skirting I have done this by routing a channel
in the back and then drilling and screwing to the wall

(counterbored the wood screws by 5 mm and tapped in wooden plus made using a
plug cutter)

Ealsy to remove if needed

nothing dangerous as the cables are all signal not current

Tony

Old June 25th 10, 09:44 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

"TMC" wrote in message

"TMC" wrote in message

[...]

I'll try phoning Rehau, but large multinationals tend not to be that
friendly to people who want two pieces of trunking.... Hence the query here.

As for fixing a timber version, yes, that's pretty much what I intended, but
it's hardly as convenient as unclipping a pvc front, adding cable, and
replacing.

Charles F

Old June 25th 10, 12:08 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

"Charles Fearnley" wrote in
message ...

"TMC" wrote in message

"TMC" wrote in message

[...]

I agree but as all of my skirtings are varnished wood rather than painted
pvc was not an option for me

Tony

Old June 25th 10, 12:14 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

"TMC" wrote in message

"Charles Fearnley" wrote in
message ...

"TMC" wrote in message

"TMC" wrote in message

[...]

As for ringing them

They need not know you only want 2 pieces as you are not buying direct from
them you just want to know who in the UK may hold stocks

Tony