Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default MCB Recall - Electrium brands (Wylex, Crabtree, Volex)

Apologies if this has already been mentioned.

Details he
http://www.mcbexchange.co.uk/electri...lAdvertWeb.jpg
http://www.mcbexchange.co.uk/electrium/

--
Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andy Wade" wrote in message
Apologies if this has already been mentioned.

Details he
http://www.mcbexchange.co.uk/electri...lAdvertWeb.jpg
http://www.mcbexchange.co.uk/electrium/

--
Andy

I do not think that it has been mentioned before. I did know about it and I
am not very happy. That is a lot of MCBs that I have fitted

Can I point out that the NewLec (rebadged Volex) are also affected.

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 3 Apr, 12:13, "ARWadsworth" wrote:
"Andy Wade" wrote in message

Apologies if this has already been mentioned.

Details he
http://www.mcbexchange.co.uk/electri...lAdvertWeb.jpg
http://www.mcbexchange.co.uk/electrium/

--
Andy

I do not think that it has been mentioned before. I did know about it and I
am not very happy. That is a lot of MCBs that I have fitted

Can I point out that the NewLec (rebadged Volex) are also affected.

Adam

I hope Hager are in the clear!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andy Wade" wrote in message

Apologies if this has already been mentioned.

Details he
http://www.mcbexchange.co.uk/electri...lAdvertWeb.jpg
http://www.mcbexchange.co.uk/electrium/

--
Andy

I do not think that it has been mentioned before. I did know about it and
am not very happy. That is a lot of MCBs that I have fitted

Can I point out that the NewLec (rebadged Volex) are also affected.

Adam

I hope Hager are in the clear!

The French brand is in the clear.

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andy Wade" wrote in message

Apologies if this has already been mentioned.

Details he
http://www.mcbexchange.co.uk/electri...lAdvertWeb.jpg
http://www.mcbexchange.co.uk/electrium/

--
Andy

I do not think that it has been mentioned before. I did know about it and
am not very happy. That is a lot of MCBs that I have fitted

Can I point out that the NewLec (rebadged Volex) are also affected.

Adam

I hope Hager are in the clear!

The French brand is in the clear.

Adam

I saw an announcement on the Screwfix web site but it only mentioned
Volex and Wylex, not Crabtree. I bought some Crabtree MCBs but I am
not sure which were bought in 2009 and which were bought before that.
Is there a way of identifying affected MCBs: do they have a batch
number or something printed on them, or am I best just to chnage the
whole lot? Is it just the 6A and 16A that are affected, and what about
RCBOs? Thanks.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andy Wade" wrote in message

[...]

The Crabtree MCBs that have been recalled are not the ones that fit the
Crabtree Starbreaker CU (ie the CU that SF sells) but the ones that fit the
Loadstar.

Cheers

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 6 Apr 2010 10:59:00 +0100, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:

The Crabtree MCBs that have been recalled are not the ones that fit the
Crabtree Starbreaker CU (ie the CU that SF sells) but the ones that fit the
Loadstar.

I didn't get all mine from SF but since they were all for Starbreaker,
I hope I am ok then. Thanks.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Fred wrote:

I didn't get all mine from SF but since they were all for Starbreaker,
I hope I am ok then. Thanks.

Could be worse, knock-off Schneider MCBs from a couple of years ago

http://www.microwaves101.com/content...ry/breaker.jpg

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns
wibbled on Wednesday 07 April 2010 23:05

Fred wrote:

I didn't get all mine from SF but since they were all for Starbreaker,
I hope I am ok then. Thanks.

Could be worse, knock-off Schneider MCBs from a couple of years ago

http://www.microwaves101.com/content...ry/breaker.jpg

marketing "Immunue to spurious trips" /marketing

--
Tim Watts

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Schneider had their own recall for RCBOs manufactured over a period in
2003/04.

The recent MCB recall is more serious, if the MCB does not disconnect
the fault then the next upstream device is a 60-100A BS1361 fuse.
Whilst an RCD/RCBO L-N imbalance can readily be checked by cheap
equipment there is no similar end-user/installer verification tester
for MCBs.

Quality of different brands (MK, Crabtree, Volex & Marbo) Distorted Vision UK diy 63 February 2nd 09 01:45 PM
Porter Cable Air Compressor and Several brands of power washers recall DAC Woodworking 0 January 19th 07 12:47 PM
Wylex, Volex or MK? Rob UK diy 17 July 28th 05 10:24 PM
Wylex or Volex Consumer units? andrewpreece UK diy 11 January 4th 05 08:40 PM
Volex or Wylex consumer unit Kalico UK diy 18 December 6th 03 02:34 PM