Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Ariston Combi problem

Anybody know what the pressure gauge on an Ariston Combi should read?
Son has just bought his first house and the boiler gauge is at 3 bar and
the water constantly drips from the overflow / expansion pipe when
running. Also the fill loop valve appears to be constantly open.
I am guessing the gauge should read between 0.5 and 1.5 bar, but it is
only a guess.
Many thanks

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Grumpy owd man" wrote in message
news:52fcddbfd32ca97c42e2689eb3b1cbf3.115311@mygat e.mailgate.org...
Anybody know what the pressure gauge on an Ariston Combi should read?
Son has just bought his first house and the boiler gauge is at 3 bar and
the water constantly drips from the overflow / expansion pipe when
running. Also the fill loop valve appears to be constantly open.
I am guessing the gauge should read between 0.5 and 1.5 bar, but it is
only a guess.
Many thanks

0.5 and 1 bar when cold. If the valve drips even when cold replace it. If
it drips when hot then check the pressure vessel pressure or if the
diaphragm is holed replace it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

0.5 and 1 bar when cold. If the valve drips even when cold replace it. If
it drips when hot then check the pressure vessel pressure or if the
diaphragm is holed replace it.

Ah!, I have not really explained it very well.
the water is coming from a pipe which runs to the outside of the
property if this make any difference. The drip is not internal

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Grumpy owd man" wrote in message
news:3c270227b3833fa7756c53109fec9676.115311@mygat e.mailgate.org...

0.5 and 1 bar when cold. If the valve drips even when cold replace it.
If
it drips when hot then check the pressure vessel pressure or if the
diaphragm is holed replace it.

Ah!, I have not really explained it very well.
the water is coming from a pipe which runs to the outside of the
property if this make any difference. The drip is not internal

Exactly. It is the pressure relief valve which is piped to outside. You will
know if the diaphragm is holed as water comes out of the shrader valve.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net

Many thanks, i will have a look tomorrow

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message
ilgate.org, Grumpy
owd man writes

0.5 and 1 bar when cold. If the valve drips even when cold replace it. If
it drips when hot then check the pressure vessel pressure or if the
diaphragm is holed replace it.

Ah!, I have not really explained it very well.
the water is coming from a pipe which runs to the outside of the
property if this make any difference. The drip is not internal

Pressure relief valve leaking ?

find it, open it so it gives a good squirt

there might be some crud which is preventing it from seating properly

else, it's a drain down and replace it

--
geoff