Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default ferroli combi pressure problem

Ferroli Optima. Decided to check combi yesterday for water level. Pressure
was down below 2. Opened filler & let pressure rise to 2.5.

This morning turned on hot water but got none, checked pressure again & it
was down almost to zero, filled again & noticed overflow/safety release
valve was running outside & trickled away until pressure was almost zero
again.

Anyone who knows what my problem could be, everything was ok until I topped
up yesterday.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 16:26:00 +0100 Senga wrote :
Ferroli Optima. Decided to check combi yesterday for water level. Pressure
was down below 2. Opened filler & let pressure rise to 2.5.

This morning turned on hot water but got none, checked pressure again & it
was down almost to zero, filled again & noticed overflow/safety release
valve was running outside & trickled away until pressure was almost zero
again.

Anyone who knows what my problem could be, everything was ok until I topped
up yesterday.

Why are you trying to run the system at 2.0. Except on a 3+ storey house, 1
would be normal.

From your description it sounds like the expansion vessel has failed.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , senga
writes
Ferroli Optima. Decided to check combi yesterday for water level. Pressure
was down below 2. Opened filler & let pressure rise to 2.5.

This morning turned on hot water but got none, checked pressure again & it
was down almost to zero, filled again & noticed overflow/safety release
valve was running outside & trickled away until pressure was almost zero
again.

Anyone who knows what my problem could be, everything was ok until I topped
up yesterday.

Err ... leaking safety release valve (as you said) ?

2,5 bar sounds a bit high, should prolly be nearer 1.5, look in the
manual

repressurise it to the correct pressure and open the valve - see if the
rush of water cures the problem (crud on the valve seat)

else replace the valve

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 16:26:00 +0100, senga wrote:

Ferroli Optima. Decided to check combi yesterday for water level. Pressure
was down below 2. Opened filler & let pressure rise to 2.5.

This morning turned on hot water but got none, checked pressure again & it
was down almost to zero, filled again & noticed overflow/safety release
valve was running outside & trickled away until pressure was almost zero
again.

Anyone who knows what my problem could be, everything was ok until I topped
up yesterday.

Check out the SealedCH FAQ.

Well pressure tank leaking..... Nozaki Home Repair 2 April 17th 06 07:03 AM
Regulator pressure increases over time - why?? David Home Repair 10 October 26th 04 01:16 AM
combi boiler - hot water pressure Nicolas P UK diy 6 October 10th 04 10:02 PM
Combi problem gonzo UK diy 3 October 9th 04 07:50 PM
Combi DHW output problem Neil UK diy 0 December 2nd 03 09:36 PM