Leaking monoblock tap

Old November 18th 06, 08:47 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Leaking monoblock tap

Hi,

I have a leaking monoblock tap. It's one of these fwiw:

http://www.mfi.co.uk/mfi/FinalProduc...=*&SKU=TAP2460

I have had the tap apart. Inside there are some bits of plastic (getting
technical here). Grease is applied to some of the inside bits.

Question is, how best to fix this thing? Do they need regreasing? If so,
what's the grease? Or is it a case of buying new parts? If so where's the
best place to get them from.

Thanks,

Paul.
Old November 18th 06, 10:28 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

"Paul Taylor" wrote:
Question is, how best to fix this thing? Do they need regreasing? If so,
what's the grease? Or is it a case of buying new parts? If so where's the
best place to get them from.

There should have been details of the manufacturer's helpline and spares
department with the taps. If not available, MFI may be able to advise. You
may need to order a replacement ceramic cartridge from the tap manufacturer.
Obviously if still under guarantee then MFI should replace the tap.

Old November 18th 06, 01:32 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

There should have been details of the manufacturer's helpline and spares
department with the taps. If not available, MFI may be able to advise.

Went to MFI but they couldn't help me about the manufacturer of the tap at
the store (+ they don't sell the spares themselves). They recommended
ringing head office and ask them, so that's what I'll do. All the store
could do is to sell me another tap!!

Regards,

Paul.

Old November 18th 06, 03:54 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Paul Taylor wrote:
Hi,

I have a leaking monoblock tap. It's one of these fwiw:

http://www.mfi.co.uk/mfi/FinalProduc...=*&SKU=TAP2460

I have had the tap apart. Inside there are some bits of plastic (getting
technical here). Grease is applied to some of the inside bits.

Question is, how best to fix this thing? Do they need regreasing? If so,
what's the grease? Or is it a case of buying new parts? If so where's the
best place to get them from.

Thanks,

Paul.

A lot of taps use standard ceramic cartridges. Remove the cartridge a
take it to a good Plumbers Merchants (not one of the group merchants,
Plumb Centre, PTS, Grahams, etc etc etc). They can probably help.

Old November 18th 06, 04:54 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 07:54:17 -0800, Bookworm wrote:

A lot of taps use standard ceramic cartridges. Remove the cartridge a
take it to a good Plumbers Merchants (not one of the group merchants,
Plumb Centre, PTS, Grahams, etc etc etc). They can probably help.

OK - thanks for that. I was beginning to think that these sorts of taps
were special, so that's reassuring - maybe I won't need to change my tap
after all.

Regards,

Paul.

Old November 19th 06, 12:59 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Paul Taylor wrote:
Hi,

I have a leaking monoblock tap. It's one of these fwiw:

I assume its leaking i.e. dripping rather than leaking from the swivel bit?

Have a look at http://www.notjusttaps.co.uk/range-spares-fittings.htm

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman