High Street / online supplier of shallow depth kitchen base/wall cabinets?

Old September 15th 06, 09:47 AM posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim

Default High Street / online supplier of shallow depth kitchen base/wall cabinets?

I am looking for a retail park or online supplier of kitchen cabinets
which carry a range of non-standar depth designs. i.e. I want
shallower base cabinets and wall units of about 25cm deep.

Can anybody suggest a supplier?

Old September 15th 06, 10:13 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim wrote:
I am looking for a retail park or online supplier of kitchen cabinets
which carry a range of non-standar depth designs. i.e. I want
shallower base cabinets and wall units of about 25cm deep.

Can anybody suggest a supplier?

I would guess you might have to buy regular ones and cut them down or
buy a table saw and start from scratch.

Old September 15th 06, 10:44 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

I would guess you might have to buy regular ones and cut them down

I have done this using a circular saw - works well.

I doubt you'll find a supplier for shallow cabinets without paying through
the nose for custom-built ones.

Alan.

Old September 15th 06, 11:14 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

Alan wrote:
I would guess you might have to buy regular ones and cut them down

I have done this using a circular saw - works well.

I doubt you'll find a supplier for shallow cabinets without paying through
the nose for custom-built ones.

Alan.

Mereway do them to any size for an additional 20% (or thereabouts).
There not cheap to start with, but they are good quality.

Howdens base units can easily be reduced to about 525mm. Their wall
units are 280mm. For shallower base units, you can use IKEA wall units
(400mm) and stick legs on them.

Alternatively, flat pack ones are fairly easy to reduce - just cut of
the extra and redrill all the holes you've removed.

Andrew

Old September 15th 06, 07:40 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim wrote:
I am looking for a retail park or online supplier of kitchen cabinets
which carry a range of non-standar depth designs. i.e. I want
shallower base cabinets and wall units of about 25cm deep.

Can anybody suggest a supplier?

Howdens do a range called Technics which IIRC is shallower than normal,
and you can probably mix and match different doors with it. Can't find
my catalogue so can't confirm I'm afraid.

David

Building kitchen cabinets - any cost savings? Todd Fatheree Woodworking 128 July 15th 05 05:42 AM
Can anyone recommend a supplier of shallow (<20cm deep) kitchen cupboards. Peter UK diy 4 May 8th 05 01:20 AM
remodeling kitchen. what to do about floor and cabinets. [email protected] Home Ownership 15 February 22nd 05 05:29 PM
Kitchen cabinets Lynn Home Ownership 16 March 23rd 04 04:51 PM
Best / Cheapest Place To Buy Kitchen Cabinets??? SuzySue UK diy 4 January 13th 04 01:36 AM