Posted to rec.woodworking

Default What did I miss?

It's been several weeks since I've had the time to even *look* at this
newsgroup, so (not surprisingly) when I popped in here this evening there were
over 2500 unread posts. "Screw this!" says me, and I marked 'em all "read".
Did I miss anything interesting? Keep it short; I ain't got all dang night. :-)

--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Steve Turner wrote:
It's been several weeks since I've had the time to even *look* at this
newsgroup, so (not surprisingly) when I popped in here this evening
there were over 2500 unread posts. "Screw this!" says me, and I
marked 'em all "read". Did I miss anything interesting? Keep it short; I
ain't got all dang
night. :-)

Nope.

--

-Mike-

But, I have to ask - why would anyone post that they were not interested
enough to read or keep up., and then ask others to do their homework for
them, but asking if they missed anything they would consider intersting?
Come on Steve...

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/12/2011 9:23 PM, Steve Turner wrote:
It's been several weeks since I've had the time to even *look* at this
newsgroup, so (not surprisingly) when I popped in here this evening
there were over 2500 unread posts. "Screw this!" says me, and I marked
'em all "read". Did I miss anything interesting? Keep it short; I ain't
got all dang night. :-)

there was something about free woodworking tools in every major city,
but it ended yesterday.

--
Steve Barker
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 12, 10:23*pm, Steve Turner
wrote:
It's been several weeks since I've had the time to even *look* at this
newsgroup, so (not surprisingly) when I popped in here this evening there were
over 2500 unread posts. *"Screw this!" says me, and I marked 'em all "read".
Did I miss anything interesting? *Keep it short; I ain't got all dang night. *:-)

--
See Nad. *See Nad go. *Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.http://www.flickr.com/photos/bbqboyee/

Glad to have you back, Steve.
We get sidetracked sometimes....
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/12/11 11:23 PM, in article ,
"Steve Turner" wrote:

It's been several weeks since I've had the time to even *look* at this
newsgroup, so (not surprisingly) when I popped in here this evening there were
over 2500 unread posts. "Screw this!" says me, and I marked 'em all "read".

Did I miss anything interesting? Keep it short; I ain't got all dang night.

Yes

(is that short enough?)

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Steve Turner" wrote in message
It's been several weeks since I've had the time to even *look* at this
newsgroup, so (not surprisingly) when I popped in here this evening there
were over 2500 unread posts. "Screw this!" says me, and I marked 'em all
"read". Did I miss anything interesting? Keep it short; I ain't got all
dang night. :-)

--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bbqboyee/

You might want to take a at everything "I" had to say. ;~)

Posted to rec.woodworking
Max Max is offline

"Steve Turner" wrote in message
It's been several weeks since I've had the time to even *look* at this
newsgroup, so (not surprisingly) when I popped in here this evening there
were over 2500 unread posts. "Screw this!" says me, and I marked 'em all
"read". Did I miss anything interesting? Keep it short; I ain't got all
dang night. :-)

--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bbqboyee/

Nothing really important.
I posted a link to pictures of my full size re-creation of the mysterious
spiral staircase at Loretto Chapel in Santa Fe.
But it didn't attract any interest. ;-)

Max

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/13/2011 10:56 AM, Max wrote:
"Steve Turner" wrote in message
It's been several weeks since I've had the time to even *look* at this
newsgroup, so (not surprisingly) when I popped in here this evening there
were over 2500 unread posts. "Screw this!" says me, and I marked 'em all
"read". Did I miss anything interesting? Keep it short; I ain't got all dang
night. :-)

Nothing really important.
I posted a link to pictures of my full size re-creation of the mysterious
spiral staircase at Loretto Chapel in Santa Fe.
But it didn't attract any interest. ;-)

Max

I DID see that thread, and it was interesting enough that I spent a fair amount
of time learning about it. If I ever get over to Santa Fe I'll definitely
check it out. Thanks.

To reply, eat the taco.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bbqboyee/
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/13/2011 12:11 AM, Steve Barker wrote:
On 3/12/2011 9:23 PM, Steve Turner wrote:
It's been several weeks since I've had the time to even *look* at this
newsgroup, so (not surprisingly) when I popped in here this evening
there were over 2500 unread posts. "Screw this!" says me, and I marked
'em all "read". Did I miss anything interesting? Keep it short; I ain't
got all dang night. :-)

there was something about free woodworking tools in every major city, but it
ended yesterday.

LOL! Story of my life... :-)

--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bbqboyee/

Posted to rec.woodworking

Steve Turner wrote:
It's been several weeks since I've had the time to even *look* at this
newsgroup, so (not surprisingly) when I popped in here this evening
there were over 2500 unread posts. "Screw this!" says me, and I marked
'em all "read". Did I miss anything interesting? Keep it short; I ain't
got all dang night. :-)

The technical description: "Balls-on Exact" was introduced to the group
as a way of describing a measurement which, to the layman, can best be
translated to meaning "with a particularly high degree of precision".
Of course to the professional, the latter is comparably sloppy...

I hope this helps you keep up with the discussions! ; )

Bill
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Steve Turner" wrote in message
It's been several weeks since I've had the time to even *look* at this
newsgroup, so (not surprisingly) when I popped in here this evening there
were over 2500 unread posts. "Screw this!" says me, and I marked 'em all
"read". Did I miss anything interesting? Keep it short; I ain't got all
dang night. :-)

--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bbqboyee/

Everything you needed to know. (G) ww

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
Steve Turner wrote:
It's been several weeks since I've had the time to even *look* at this
newsgroup, so (not surprisingly) when I popped in here this evening there were
over 2500 unread posts. "Screw this!" says me, and I marked 'em all "read".
Did I miss anything interesting? Keep it short; I ain't got all dang
night. :-)

I suppose it would be impolite to mention the Free Unisaw give-away, and
the $10 Festool specials.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 13, 11:43*pm, (Robert Bonomi)
wrote:
In article ,
Steve Turner wrote:

It's been several weeks since I've had the time to even *look* at this
newsgroup, so (not surprisingly) when I popped in here this evening there were
over 2500 unread posts. *"Screw this!" says me, and I marked 'em all "read".
Did I miss anything interesting? *Keep it short; I ain't got all dang
night. *:-)

I suppose it would be impolite to mention the Free Unisaw give-away, and
the $10 Festool specials.

You also missed that JOAT lifted his moratorium on accepting any and
all e-mails.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/13/2011 10:53 PM, Robatoy wrote:
On Mar 13, 11:43 pm, (Robert Bonomi)
wrote:
In ,
Steve wrote:

It's been several weeks since I've had the time to even *look* at this
newsgroup, so (not surprisingly) when I popped in here this evening there were
over 2500 unread posts. "Screw this!" says me, and I marked 'em all "read".
Did I miss anything interesting? Keep it short; I ain't got all dang
night. :-)

I suppose it would be impolite to mention the Free Unisaw give-away, and
the $10 Festool specials.

You also missed that JOAT lifted his moratorium on accepting any and
all e-mails.

Damn the bad luck! And Lord only know how much money I would've won if I'd had
sense enough to buy a lottery ticket! Of course, buying one now would just be
money down the crapper.

--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bbqboyee/

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 12 Mar 2011 21:23:07 -0600, Steve Turner
wrote:

It's been several weeks since I've had the time to even *look* at this
newsgroup, so (not surprisingly) when I popped in here this evening there were
over 2500 unread posts. "Screw this!" says me, and I marked 'em all "read".
Did I miss anything interesting? Keep it short; I ain't got all dang night. :-)

We also resolved the global warming issue several times.

We won.

-Zz
Posted to rec.woodworking

I only saw the discussion get really hot.

"Zz Yzx" wrote in message
We also resolved the global warming issue several times.

We won.

Miss me yet? David R.Birch Metalworking 7 February 14th 10 04:26 AM
Miss me yet? Don Foreman Metalworking 0 February 12th 10 05:23 AM
What is cause of miss . . . Robert Swinney Metalworking 36 April 19th 09 12:38 AM
....don't miss it.... raj UK diy 0 February 22nd 08 11:00 AM
Did I miss out Chris Woodworking 9 August 27th 05 06:47 PM