Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Sliding Table on Bandsaw?

The issue is to separate the glued on block from the arm blank that will be
an arm on a chair I'm building. Both pieces are to be salvaged. With a
piece of plywood and an after market fence it is simple to make the cut.
Picture 2 shows the block separated and both pieces are intact and not
damaged. The third picture shows both pieces after being cleaned up with a
hand plane ready for fitting on the chair.

Sometimes a plan comes together. :-)

Attached Thumbnails
Sliding Table on Bandsaw?-dscn0269-large-jpg  Sliding Table on Bandsaw?-dscn0271-large-jpg  Sliding Table on Bandsaw?-dscn0272-large-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Fri, 07 Mar 2008 23:48:17 GMT, "Lowell Holmes" wrote:

The issue is to separate the glued on block from the arm blank that will be
an arm on a chair I'm building. Both pieces are to be salvaged. With a
piece of plywood and an after market fence it is simple to make the cut.
Picture 2 shows the block separated and both pieces are intact and not
damaged. The third picture shows both pieces after being cleaned up with a
hand plane ready for fitting on the chair.

Sometimes a plan comes together. :-)

yup.. or, you can just screw a slot runner to the plywood if you don't have a
fence..

Must be how you cut those pen blanks, huh? ;-]

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

snip
yup.. or, you can just screw a slot runner to the plywood if you don't
have a
fence..

Must be how you cut those pen blanks, huh? ;-]

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

I've done that before, but it didn't fit what I wanted to do, so I used the
plywood sled.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Sat, 08 Mar 2008 01:54:37 GMT, "Lowell Holmes" wrote:

snip
yup.. or, you can just screw a slot runner to the plywood if you don't
have a
fence..

Must be how you cut those pen blanks, huh? ;-]

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

I've done that before, but it didn't fit what I wanted to do, so I used the
plywood sled.

I've been playing with the magswitch things for fences and stuff on the
bandsaw.. you tried those yet?

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

snip
I've been playing with the magswitch things for fences and stuff on the
bandsaw.. you tried those yet?

mac

I haven't, but it sounds like a good idea. They would work well on a drill
press also.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Sun, 09 Mar 2008 11:20:51 GMT, "Lowell Holmes" wrote:

snip
I've been playing with the magswitch things for fences and stuff on the
bandsaw.. you tried those yet?

mac

I haven't, but it sounds like a good idea. They would work well on a drill
press also.

yeah, anything steel..
I use them on the lathe, also.. working on a quick & dirty steady rest..

The $35 bite for each switch sort of hurts, but the nice thing is that you don't
have to fasten them in...
You just use 3/4" stock and bore the right size hole for them and the mounting
ears hold the wood against the table, so you can use the same ones with several
jigs..
I like them and the magswitch feather boards so much that I'm thinking of
putting a steel top on the next router table..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"mac davis" wrote in message
On Sun, 09 Mar 2008 11:20:51 GMT, "Lowell Holmes"
wrote:

snip yeah, anything steel..

I use them on the lathe, also.. working on a quick & dirty steady rest..

The $35 bite for each switch sort of hurts, but the nice thing is that you
don't
have to fasten them in...
You just use 3/4" stock and bore the right size hole for them and the
mounting
ears hold the wood against the table, so you can use the same ones with
several
jigs..
I like them and the magswitch feather boards so much that I'm thinking of
putting a steel top on the next router table..

mac

Some body had a tool tips in one of the magazine using a magnetic tool
holder as a drill press fence. I tried that and it works. The magnetic
switches would be more friendly to use.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

picked up 2 of the Rigid branded ones on ebay for about $24 each "buy it
now" the other day......

The $35 bite for each switch sort of hurts,

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

I've often used sleds on bandsaws. You can design the sled so the
plywood is on both sides of the blade by using thicker wood. Doing so
assures clean cuts on both parts.

Nice work!
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Sun, 09 Mar 2008 20:54:38 GMT, "Lowell Holmes" wrote:

Some body had a tool tips in one of the magazine using a magnetic tool
holder as a drill press fence. I tried that and it works. The magnetic
switches would be more friendly to use.

Probably about 20 times more powerful, too..lol

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

mac davis wrote:

The $35 bite for each switch sort of hurts,

Wow.. didn't even know Magswitch was sold under different brands.. that's a good
thing!
I think the ones that I bought were $30 or $32 each, but I figure about $8
shipping and round up..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 07:29:43 -0400, B A R R Y wrote:

I've often used sleds on bandsaws. You can design the sled so the
plywood is on both sides of the blade by using thicker wood. Doing so
assures clean cuts on both parts.

Nice work!

Yeah.. I have 2 different sleds for cutting pen blanks.. the kerf goes about 1/2
an inch past the fence..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Table Saw - Sliding Carriage Arthur 51 UK diy 25 May 26th 07 02:10 AM
Try Again! Anyone have used the Grizzly sliding table router table.... HMFIC- 1369 Woodworking 13 August 25th 05 03:00 PM
Sliding Table Scotty Woodworking 22 May 12th 05 12:11 PM
Sliding Miter Saw Table Never Enough Money Woodworking 5 May 4th 05 01:00 AM
wtb : Big Shaper with sliding table Matt Zach Woodworking 10 October 25th 03 01:53 AM