Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Brass Score !

I've been working for a local contractor part time , and this week we've
been basically gutting a house for rehab . Among the things the last tenant
left was a coffee can with some brass cartridges in it . I got around 35 rds
45-70 , the same amount 7x57 Mauser , 33 rounds of 8mm Mauser , and a
handful of .45 ACP's .
The .45's I can use , the 8MM are going to become 7.7mm Japanese . The
ammo I have for this antique it was my dad's is overloaded , but not by me
, by a commercial reloader (I'll be breaking it down when I get my loading
bench set up) . Now I can actually shoot this thing ! I even have the
correct slugs for it in .311 . I might actually get to take a deer with
Dad's rifle ! He hunted with this thing from 1945 until he bought a 30-06 in
1964 . The only thing that's not dead stock is the wings have been cut off
the front sight . Even had the original sling until about 1999 when it
finally fell apart . I kept the hardware ...
The 45-70 and 7x57 need to find a good home ... How does 10 bucks each
caliber plus shipping sound ? Or I can trade straight across for another
caliber I can use .
--
Snag
reply-to is a good email

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:
On Wed, 10 Sep 2014 20:06:59 -0500, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

[...]

Did I send you some 7.7 Jap? Or was it something else that slipped my
mind again? ($^%@!! stroke)

Gunner

Not yet ... I recounted , got 47 7mm and 32 45-70's . You need 'em ?
--
Snag

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:

If you had a hundred or more rounds of either, I could use em but not
the little quantities.

But thanks anyways.

I just checked and I did send SOMEONE some 7.7 brass and the wife
doesnt remember who she shipped em to.

Gunner

If you sent them to me I never received 'em . Don't worry about it , that
8mm brass will make some excellent 7.7 cases . I don't really need a lot ,
just a few so I can shoot it occasionally . And it would be a real rush to
shoot a deer with it , I know Dad got more than a few .

--
Snag

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Were you the guy I was supposed to send them to?

If so..email me your address. Im slowly working out who Ive
forgotten to send stuff to.

If you had a hundred or more rounds of either, I could use em but not
the little quantities.

But thanks anyways.

I just checked and I did send SOMEONE some 7.7 brass and the wife
doesnt remember who she shipped em to.

Gunner

PJ O'Rourke

Brass garden hose nozzles and brass on/off switches (and missingo-rings) Danny D.[_10_] Home Repair 85 June 28th 13 03:44 AM
SCORE! Lloyd E. Sponenburgh[_3_] Metalworking 51 May 10th 12 03:06 AM
Grinding brass swarf into brass powder James Taylor UK diy 3 April 18th 12 08:00 PM
score! Nate Nagel Home Repair 0 February 3rd 08 03:24 PM
VFD Score Donnie Barnes Metalworking 15 December 11th 05 07:01 AM