Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Brass Score !

I've been working for a local contractor part time , and this week we've
been basically gutting a house for rehab . Among the things the last tenant
left was a coffee can with some brass cartridges in it . I got around 35 rds
45-70 , the same amount 7x57 Mauser , 33 rounds of 8mm Mauser , and a
handful of .45 ACP's .
The .45's I can use , the 8MM are going to become 7.7mm Japanese . The
ammo I have for this antique it was my dad's is overloaded , but not by me
, by a commercial reloader (I'll be breaking it down when I get my loading
bench set up) . Now I can actually shoot this thing ! I even have the
correct slugs for it in .311 . I might actually get to take a deer with
Dad's rifle ! He hunted with this thing from 1945 until he bought a 30-06 in
1964 . The only thing that's not dead stock is the wings have been cut off
the front sight . Even had the original sling until about 1999 when it
finally fell apart . I kept the hardware ...
The 45-70 and 7x57 need to find a good home ... How does 10 bucks each
caliber plus shipping sound ? Or I can trade straight across for another
caliber I can use .
--
Snag
reply-to is a good email