Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Brass Score !

Gunner Asch wrote:
On Wed, 10 Sep 2014 20:06:59 -0500, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

I've been working for a local contractor part time , and this week
we've been basically gutting a house for rehab . Among the things
the last tenant left was a coffee can with some brass cartridges in
it . I got around 35 rds 45-70 , the same amount 7x57 Mauser , 33
rounds of 8mm Mauser , and a handful of .45 ACP's .
The .45's I can use , the 8MM are going to become 7.7mm Japanese .
The ammo I have for this antique it was my dad's is overloaded ,
but not by me , by a commercial reloader (I'll be breaking it down
when I get my loading bench set up) . Now I can actually shoot this
thing ! I even have the correct slugs for it in .311 . I might
actually get to take a deer with Dad's rifle ! He hunted with this
thing from 1945 until he bought a 30-06 in 1964 . The only thing
that's not dead stock is the wings have been cut off the front sight
. Even had the original sling until about 1999 when it finally fell
apart . I kept the hardware ... The 45-70 and 7x57 need to find a
good home ... How does 10 bucks each caliber plus shipping sound ?
Or I can trade straight across for another caliber I can use .

Did I send you some 7.7 Jap? Or was it something else that slipped my
mind again? ($^%@!! stroke)

Gunner

Not yet ... I recounted , got 47 7mm and 32 45-70's . You need 'em ?
--
Snag