Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default fa: Victor Torch anyone?

helping a friend dispose of extra stuff - here's a nice older Victor torch
with tips

I have a couple of more, j27 J50 sized handles and more tips

And, what the heck is a type 22 tip - fits the above torches, but it is a
copper tip (not chrome colored) with aluminum fins for about 1/2 the
length - any clues?

thanks

--
Bill -
www.wbnoble.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

with tipshttp://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320584736189

I have a couple of more, j27 J50 sized handles and more tips

And, what the heck is a type 22 tip - fits the above torches, but it is a
copper tip (not chrome colored) with aluminum fins for about 1/2 the
length - any clues?

thanks

--
Bill *-www.wbnoble.com

Bill,

A type 22 tip is for a Victor J-40 jeweler's torch. The J-40 body is
only 3.5" long, so that aluminum "handle" on the Type 22 tip, it to
provide additional area to hold on to the torch when in use.

_kevin
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"karchiba" wrote in message
On Sep 1, 11:24 pm, "Bill Noble" wrote:
helping a friend dispose of extra stuff - here's a nice older Victor
torch
with tipshttp://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320584736189

I have a couple of more, j27 J50 sized handles and more tips

And, what the heck is a type 22 tip - fits the above torches, but it is a
copper tip (not chrome colored) with aluminum fins for about 1/2 the
length - any clues?

thanks

--
Bill -www.wbnoble.com

Bill,

A type 22 tip is for a Victor J-40 jeweler's torch. The J-40 body is
only 3.5" long, so that aluminum "handle" on the Type 22 tip, it to
provide additional area to hold on to the torch when in use.

_kevin

thanks, that's helpful - I looked up that handle
(http://www.buyweld.com/0382-0006.html)
I've never seen one - is the idea that they are light weight and thus easy
to "waft" over a piece of jewelry, or was (is) there some other reason why
this is good - I did notice that it has built in anti-flashback, presumably
because it's so short. I'd never seen one.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sep 3, 12:25*am, "Bill Noble" wrote:
"karchiba" wrote in message

[...]

because it's so short. *I'd never seen one.- Hide quoted text -

They are very light weight, and therefore very easy to manipulate
quickly. Goldsmiths like these types of torches because they can "get
in" and "get out" quickly before the piece melts before their eyes.

The couple of J-40s that I own, do not have a flashback suppressor in
the body..but i've got them on the hoses.

Check your email...