Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill Noble[_2_] Bill Noble[_2_] is offline

Default fa: Victor Torch anyone?

"karchiba" wrote in message
On Sep 1, 11:24 pm, "Bill Noble" wrote:
helping a friend dispose of extra stuff - here's a nice older Victor
torch
with tipshttp://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320584736189

I have a couple of more, j27 J50 sized handles and more tips

And, what the heck is a type 22 tip - fits the above torches, but it is a
copper tip (not chrome colored) with aluminum fins for about 1/2 the
length - any clues?

thanks

--
Bill -www.wbnoble.com

Bill,

A type 22 tip is for a Victor J-40 jeweler's torch. The J-40 body is
only 3.5" long, so that aluminum "handle" on the Type 22 tip, it to
provide additional area to hold on to the torch when in use.

_kevin

thanks, that's helpful - I looked up that handle
(http://www.buyweld.com/0382-0006.html)
I've never seen one - is the idea that they are light weight and thus easy
to "waft" over a piece of jewelry, or was (is) there some other reason why
this is good - I did notice that it has built in anti-flashback, presumably
because it's so short. I'd never seen one.