4 foot bathtub

Old March 15th 05, 11:11 PM
TP

Default 4 foot bathtub

The other half wants a linen cabinet in the bath room. The only
way to achieve space for a 15 inch wide 83 high cabinet is to
make the tub shorter. American Standard still makes a 4 foot
tub. http://www.americanstandard-us.com/P...asp?prodID=237
My question is it worth installing a 4 tub with shower?

Thanks
TP
Old March 15th 05, 11:16 PM
Edwin Pawlowski

"TP" wrote in message
The other half wants a linen cabinet in the bath room. The only way to
achieve space for a 15 inch wide 83 high cabinet is to make the tub
shorter. American Standard still makes a 4 foot tub.
http://www.americanstandard-us.com/P...asp?prodID=237
My question is it worth installing a 4 tub with shower?

Thanks
TP

Depends on your priorities. I've never used the tub in our house preferring
a shower. Others may prefer to bath in a tub, but a 4' is not one for
relaxing and soaking. If you are considering resale value, you need both.

I'd rather have a 4' kick ass multi head shower than a tub.

Old March 15th 05, 11:44 PM
Colbyt

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
. ..

"TP" wrote in message
The other half wants a linen cabinet in the bath room. The only way to
achieve space for a 15 inch wide 83 high cabinet is to make the tub
shorter. American Standard still makes a 4 foot tub.
http://www.americanstandard-us.com/P...asp?prodID=237
My question is it worth installing a 4' tub with shower?

Thanks
TP

Depends on your priorities. I've never used the tub in our house

preferring
a shower. Others may prefer to bath in a tub, but a 4' is not one for
relaxing and soaking. If you are considering resale value, you need both.

I'd rather have a 4' kick ass multi head shower than a tub.

While I agree with Edwin about what we like consider that if this is the
only bathroom in the house you or the next owner may wish to bathe a child
in a tub. And sometimes a soak even in a short tub is better than no tub at
all.

Bottom line; if you just have the one bath, do the short tub. I actually own
a house with a 4 foot tub/shower and renting it has never been a problem.
An apartment that I formerly owned with just a shower was sometimes a
problem.

Colbyt

Old March 16th 05, 01:03 AM
AutoTracer

I forget the brand but during a recent visit to a showroom I saw some
"Japanise style" tubs that were short and very deep like a hottub. Might be
a problem getting in and out when used as a shower though. There were also
some other compromises like a shower stall unit with integrated steam bath
and 12" deep footbath with wirlpool jets and curved glass doors (very nice
for an all in 1 unit). Look in a showroom if you have one. Often they get
stuck with odd shaped units that they will sell for less $. They had shapes
and styles I didn't know existed.