Fix for sagging sofa springs

Old January 3rd 04, 01:04 AM
[email protected]

Default Fix for sagging sofa springs

Over the years, my sofa has started to sag in the middle which causes
both people sitting on it to lean one against the other. I suspect the
springs are fadding on it. Short of replacing the whole sofa, does any
one know of a fix for this problem?

I though of replacing the springs but I did not find any vendors on the
internet. Any help with htis would be appreciated.

I live in Ottawa, Canada
Old January 3rd 04, 02:09 AM
wayne

turn the sofa upside down remove the fabric on the bottom and look if
anything is loose or broken.

You cannot replace springs without redoing the whole sofa. However many
times the problem is with the bottom.

Wayne

.. .

Old January 3rd 04, 04:11 AM
David Babcock

wrote in message
.. .
Over the years, my sofa has started to sag in the middle which causes
both people sitting on it to lean one against the other. I suspect the
springs are fadding on it. Short of replacing the whole sofa, does any
one know of a fix for this problem?

I though of replacing the springs but I did not find any vendors on the
internet. Any help with htis would be appreciated.

I live in Ottawa, Canada

Turn the sofa over, peel back the gauze cover if it's still there. Depending
on the spring type, and it's probably the repeating s type spring, lots of
times they come unconnected from their fastening brackets, so that only one
end is connected. Over time if one becomes disconnected usually those beside
it do too. If they are connected and sagging, try turning the spring over so
the sagging part faces up instead of down. While you have it open check the
wooden frame for broken pieces.

Dave

Old January 3rd 04, 04:50 AM
m Ransley

liposuction, you loose weight fast

Old January 3rd 04, 02:20 PM
Zemedelec

There's also a sort of sofa-sized board meant for inserting on top of sagging
springs which will make your sofa firm, if not as resiliant and bouncy as of
yore. I see it advertised in a lot of home furnishing catalogs (must get busy
again telephoning unwanted catalogs.)
zemedelec

DIY Sofa SteveM UK diy 5 June 10th 04 10:25 PM
Leather sofa - extra cash for treatment? Charlie UK diy 2 June 9th 04 12:36 PM
CPU-socket (370) & cooling block: screws with springs, how tight? peter dingemans Electronics Repair 0 September 17th 03 02:35 PM