David Babcock

Default Fix for sagging sofa springs

wrote in message
.. .
Over the years, my sofa has started to sag in the middle which causes
both people sitting on it to lean one against the other. I suspect the
springs are fadding on it. Short of replacing the whole sofa, does any
one know of a fix for this problem?

I though of replacing the springs but I did not find any vendors on the
internet. Any help with htis would be appreciated.

I live in Ottawa, Canada

Turn the sofa over, peel back the gauze cover if it's still there. Depending
on the spring type, and it's probably the repeating s type spring, lots of
times they come unconnected from their fastening brackets, so that only one
end is connected. Over time if one becomes disconnected usually those beside
it do too. If they are connected and sagging, try turning the spring over so
the sagging part faces up instead of down. While you have it open check the
wooden frame for broken pieces.

Dave