DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Fix for sagging sofa springs (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/53061-fix-sagging-sofa-springs.html)

[email protected] January 3rd 04 01:04 AM

Fix for sagging sofa springs

Over the years, my sofa has started to sag in the middle which causes
both people sitting on it to lean one against the other. I suspect the
springs are fadding on it. Short of replacing the whole sofa, does any
one know of a fix for this problem?

I though of replacing the springs but I did not find any vendors on the
internet. Any help with htis would be appreciated.

I live in Ottawa, Canada

wayne January 3rd 04 02:09 AM

Fix for sagging sofa springs

turn the sofa upside down remove the fabric on the bottom and look if
anything is loose or broken.

You cannot replace springs without redoing the whole sofa. However many
times the problem is with the bottom.

Wayne

.. .

David Babcock January 3rd 04 04:11 AM

Fix for sagging sofa springs

wrote in message
.. .
Over the years, my sofa has started to sag in the middle which causes
both people sitting on it to lean one against the other. I suspect the
springs are fadding on it. Short of replacing the whole sofa, does any
one know of a fix for this problem?

I though of replacing the springs but I did not find any vendors on the
internet. Any help with htis would be appreciated.

I live in Ottawa, Canada

Turn the sofa over, peel back the gauze cover if it's still there. Depending
on the spring type, and it's probably the repeating s type spring, lots of
times they come unconnected from their fastening brackets, so that only one
end is connected. Over time if one becomes disconnected usually those beside
it do too. If they are connected and sagging, try turning the spring over so
the sagging part faces up instead of down. While you have it open check the
wooden frame for broken pieces.

Dave

m Ransley January 3rd 04 04:50 AM

Fix for sagging sofa springs

liposuction, you loose weight fast

Zemedelec January 3rd 04 02:20 PM

Fix for sagging sofa springs

There's also a sort of sofa-sized board meant for inserting on top of sagging
springs which will make your sofa firm, if not as resiliant and bouncy as of
yore. I see it advertised in a lot of home furnishing catalogs (must get busy
again telephoning unwanted catalogs.)
zemedelec