adiel

Default flat gravel roof - how to repair

Hello, I have an existing gravel roof that I want to repair. There is
a big area that is flat. I just got a quote from a roofer to repair
the whole roof where he would lay two coats of fiberglass membrane
with hot tar and then a granule surfaced roofing sheet to protect the
roof. He would guarantee this job for 10 years. My question is if
instead of doing that, I can just remove all the gravel myself (since
it is VERY loose) and then just coat the entire roof with one of those
elastomeric roof coatings like this one:

http://www.koolseal.com

And not worry about the roof for a good 10 years. Does anyone have
any suggestions if this would be a good idea? Or if I was to hire a
roofing contractor, what would be the best choice to repair and roof
that has a big area that is flat?

Thanks before hand,
Adiel
mark Ransley

look into a rubber roof, I beleive you will see alot longer life

mark Ransley

look into a rubber roof, I beleive you will see alot longer life

adiel

Thanks for your reply. I actually got a comment from someone who
talked to a local roof inspector. They said that even though these
new rubber roofs are guaranteed for up to 20 years, he says that in
his opinion a tar roof that is well built will last longer than the
new rubber roofs.

Any comments on this anyone?

Thanks,
Adiel

adiel

Any comments on this anyone? Also does anyone have other
recommendations for fixing a flat roof (besides a new pitched roof
because its out of my budget)?

Thanks,
Adiel
adiel

Any comments on this anyone? Also does anyone have other
recommendations for fixing a flat roof (besides a new pitched roof
because its out of my budget)?

Thanks,
Adiel

Fibreglass flat roof Peter Balcombe UK diy 10 January 30th 04 10:56 PM
Flat roof Peter Balcombe UK diy 0 January 25th 04 01:27 PM
flat felt roof puddling Andrew McKay UK diy 2 July 21st 03 09:25 PM
flat roof - slope for run off duncan UK diy 3 July 13th 03 03:55 PM
Rolled Roofing Blowing Off Manufactured Home, Repair Expensive? AJ Home Repair 7 July 9th 03 01:12 AM