Junior Member

Default How to remove side slide mount drawers from heavy dresser?

My friends are helping me move in a few weeks. And we're gonna have to go up 4 flights of stairs with a 210lb behemoth dresser. So figuring out how to remove the drawers would make it easier. Here is a picture of the side slide mount:

http://i.imgur.com/7l6tx.jpg

The other side looks the same except the curved flappy thing is curved downward instead of up.

Here's a link to the exact dresser in question if it'll help

Millennium Bedroom Dresser B697-31 - Trivett's Furniture - Fredericksburg, VA

I have tried pulling and tugging both flappy things simultaneous (up, forward, back) to no avail. You guys are the experts.

-Megan
Posted to alt.home.repair

Fredericksburg, VA' (http://tinyurl.com/83grkcx)

I have tried pulling and tugging both flappy things simultaneous (up,
forward, back) to no avail. You guys are the experts.

-Megan

Not sure, but have you tried manipulating the silver/white tab (on the
left in picture) ?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Are you unable to remove any of the drawers? If not, then maybe that
"flap" is not the release mechanism.

I sent a link, of this thread, to . Maybe they
will post a response.

Sonny
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 21, 6:18*am, Sonny wrote:
Are you unable to remove any of the drawers? *If not, then maybe that
"flap" is not the release mechanism.

I sent a link, of this thread, to . *Maybe they
will post a response.

Sonny

Scratch that note sent to Trivetts. My email was rejected. Maybe you
have to fill out their customer form, in order for an email to go
through, rather than just clicking onto the email address (right side
margin, in the link). http://www.trivetts.com/ContactUs.inc
Posted to alt.home.repair

--
Megan4k

My guess is you need to move those tabs that look like a scythe down
on both sides at the same time while pulling out the drawer.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 20, 6:47*pm, Megan4k wrote:

The other side looks the same except the curved flappy thing is curved
downward instead of up.

Those are the releases. Push each in the obvious direction.
-----

- gpsman