Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Proper way to store two carpet mats.

Relative brought two approx. four by six foot close pile carpets
(floor mats) back from working in the Middle Eastern. Understand these
are sometimes called 'Persian Carpets' (No; they do not levitate!)

They were folded while in the shipping boxes for a few weeks. There
appears to be no creases or problems with them at all and they are
hung temporarily on our stair rail to air out.

Suggested that we roll them up and perhaps put them into or roll them
onto a cardboard tube.
However relative says not supposed to roll them like that.

So seeking advice or reference to a news group for advice or
suggestions therefore how they should be stored?

For example; how would these have previously been packaged to be
carried, between camp locations, on the back of say a camel in dry
must dusty desert conditions?

Or these days an air conditioned top of the line Toyota Land Cruiser;
often the preferred vehicle in many Arab countries.

BTW gasoline was costing recently less than 23 cents per litre (at 3.8
litres per gallon that's about 87 cents per US gallon) in one ME
country recently visited!
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Jul 26, 11:55*am, terry wrote:
[...]

Possibly the best storage mode will be dry, flat (larger than the
rug), plastic enclosed and sealed, no object or weight of any kind on
the top, and dark. Of all the places in the house to meet these
requirements, under the bed comes to mind. Plastic bags are sold at
many self storage facilities, or one could simply fabricate a suitable
size polyfilm from the Borg. Problem solved?

Joe

barrier mats? Scott UK diy 3 April 4th 08 02:44 PM
Chair mats Andrew Mawson UK diy 11 November 18th 06 07:55 PM
material similar to plastic chair mats to cover all carpet in my apartment Mark Home Repair 2 August 16th 05 08:58 PM
material similar to plastic chair mats to cover all carpet in my living room Mark Home Ownership 10 August 16th 05 06:50 PM
heated floor mats William Wixon Metalworking 8 February 5th 05 04:12 PM