Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT: Trey Gowdy dismantles Pelosi's argument for impeachment

Trying a president who left office is Unconstitutional.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3CR...ature=youtu.be

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, February 5, 2021 at 10:35:50 AM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
Trying a president who left office is Unconstitutional.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3CR...ature=youtu.be

--
Maggie

If I were you I'd be more concerned about Biden dismantling Trump's exec orders,
one by one. I told you this would happen, if you Trumpets followed the evil orange
clown bus over the cliff. The Trumpets have lost the WH, Senate and House in just
4 years, an achievement not seen since Hoover. And instead of learning and
changing, you're all still in the cult of the clown. The GOP has gone from the party
of Lincoln and Reagan, to the party of Qanon, Proud Boys, KKK, anti-vaxers and
people stupid enough to believe the latest conspiracy theory. Pelosi it the least
of your problems.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/5/2021 10:12 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Friday, February 5, 2021 at 10:35:50 AM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
Trying a president who left office is Unconstitutional.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3CR...ature=youtu.be

--
Maggie

If I were you I'd be more concerned about Biden dismantling Trump's exec orders,
one by one. I told you this would happen, if you Trumpets followed the evil orange
clown bus over the cliff. The Trumpets have lost the WH, Senate and House in just
4 years, an achievement not seen since Hoover. And instead of learning and
changing, you're all still in the cult of the clown. The GOP has gone from the party
of Lincoln and Reagan, to the party of Qanon, Proud Boys, KKK, anti-vaxers and
people stupid enough to believe the latest conspiracy theory. Pelosi it the least
of your problems.

It's politics, and nothing that surprises me. They will have so many
lawsuits I'll have to buy some popcorn to eat while they entertainment
begins.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 5 Feb 2021 08:12:35 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

On Friday, February 5, 2021 at 10:35:50 AM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
Trying a president who left office is Unconstitutional.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3CR...ature=youtu.be

--
Maggie

If I were you I'd be more concerned about Biden dismantling Trump's exec orders,
one by one. I told you this would happen, if you Trumpets followed the evil orange
clown bus over the cliff. The Trumpets have lost the WH, Senate and House in just
4 years, an achievement not seen since Hoover. And instead of learning and
changing, you're all still in the cult of the clown. The GOP has gone from the party
of Lincoln and Reagan, to the party of Qanon, Proud Boys, KKK, anti-vaxers and
people stupid enough to believe the latest conspiracy theory. Pelosi it the least
of your problems.

I haven't watched the video, sounds borning and as I've said, videos
take too much time.

But it's significant that Mr. Gowdy calls it NPelosi's argument. She
didn't write the bill of impeachment, did she. She isn't a House
manager. For anyone whose seen the video, does he really tie it
especially to NPelosi or is it just that they use her name as if she
were the boogyman? Buy this toothpaste, it's not what NPelosi uses.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/5/2021 7:35 AM, Muggles wrote:
Trying a president who left office is Unconstitutional.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3CR...ature=youtu.be

Not according to this Repub.

"One of Washingtons leading conservative constitutional lawyers
publicly broke on Sunday with the main Republican argument against
convicting former President Donald J. Trump in his impeachment trial,
asserting that an ex-president can indeed be tried for high crimes and
misdemeanors.

In an opinion piece posted on The Wall Street Journals website, the
lawyer, Charles J. Cooper, who is closely allied with top Republicans in
Congress, dismissed as illogical the claim that it is unconstitutional
to hold an impeachment trial for a former president. The piece came two
days before the Senate was set to start the proceeding, in which Mr.
Trump is charged with incitement of insurrection in connection with
the deadly assault on the Capitol by his supporters on Jan. 6.

Since the rampage, Republicans have made little effort to excuse Mr.
Trumps conduct, but have coalesced behind the legal argument about
constitutionality as their rationale for why he should not be tried,
much less convicted. Their theory is that because the Constitutions
penalty for an impeachment conviction is removal from office, it was
never intended to apply to a former president, who is no longer in office.

Many legal scholars disagree, and the Senate has previously held an
impeachment trial of a former official though never a former
president. But 45 Republican senators, including Mitch McConnell of
Kentucky, the minority leader who is said to believe that Mr. Trump
committed impeachable offenses, voted last month to dismiss the trial as
unconstitutional on those grounds.

Mr. Cooper said they were misreading the Constitution.

The provision cuts against their interpretation, he wrote. He argued
that because the Constitution allows the Senate to bar officials
convicted of impeachable offenses from holding public office again in
the future, it defies logic to suggest that the Senate is prohibited
from trying and convicting former officeholders. "

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/07/u...3e91b65130eb97

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, February 8, 2021 at 11:32:18 AM UTC-5, Bob F wrote:
[...]

Actually most of them are excusing his conduct too. They say that he didn't
incite the mob, that it was free speech. There is some basis for that, because
many of those insurrectionists came prepared, with gear, for what they did.
I haven't read the actual impeachment
document, but I said at the time that it sounded like they were too focused on
what Trump said on the 6th, instead of laying out the case that they whole thing,
two months of lies, deception and incitement was a betrayal of his oath of office,
a dagger to the heart of our democracy.