Posted to alt.home.repair
Stowy

Default How to instal compressor for ac?

My house is wired and plumbed for central air and actually had a unit
running at one point. Previous owners simply removed only the
outside compressor. I bought a used one in hopes of getting it to
work with existing fittings and power. So after i solder the copper
pipes (*2) and give the condensor 220 power what do i do with the
small red/black wires coming from my Lennox HS29 18 unit? Is this
for the temperature control unit? If so i have an old one do i need
to replace with digital? Do i need these wires at all or will it
turn on when needed. Basically any helpfull hints would be much
appreciated How do i turn it on?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

"Stowy" wrote in message
m...
My house is wired and plumbed for central air and actually had a unit
running at one point. Previous owners simply removed only the
outside compressor. I bought a used one in hopes of getting it to
work with existing fittings and power. So after i solder the copper
pipes (*2) and give the condensor 220 power what do i do with the
small red/black wires coming from my Lennox HS29 18 unit? Is this
for the temperature control unit? If so i have an old one do i need
to replace with digital? Do i need these wires at all or will it
turn on when needed. Basically any helpfull hints would be much
appreciated How do i turn it on?

You purged with an inert gas before soldering didn't you? You have to
evacuate and charge the unit. You need a license to buy and use the
refrigerant. I think you are in over your head already.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

You purged with an inert gas before soldering didn't you? You have to
evacuate and charge the unit. You need a license to buy and use the
refrigerant. I think you are in over your head already.

Or a troll.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Posted to alt.home.repair
HeatMan

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
. ..
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

You purged with an inert gas before soldering didn't you? You have to
evacuate and charge the unit. You need a license to buy and use the
refrigerant. I think you are in over your head already.

Or a troll.

Especially is he used soft (plumbing) solder.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Posted to alt.home.repair
Stormin Mormon

Oughta be matching red and black wires some where. That's the best I
can do without being there to see it.

Oh, since it's an AIR conditioner, you have to get an air compressor,
and inflate the system to 120 PSI before it will run. That's why it's
got bicycle type fittings. I know it says it's rated for 150, but you
never totally inflate them.

However, since I'm a HVAC professional, and you're a home owner I
might not be totally honest with you.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Stowy" wrote in message
m...
My house is wired and plumbed for central air and actually had a unit
running at one point. Previous owners simply removed only the
outside compressor. I bought a used one in hopes of getting it to
work with existing fittings and power. So after i solder the copper
pipes (*2) and give the condensor 220 power what do i do with the
small red/black wires coming from my Lennox HS29 18 unit? Is this
for the temperature control unit? If so i have an old one do i need
to replace with digital? Do i need these wires at all or will it
turn on when needed. Basically any helpfull hints would be much
appreciated How do i turn it on?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Stormin Mormon

Well, depending what metal joining compound he used, mighta not needed
inert gas. I know I've not used inert gas for the stuff I use.

Yep, this fell is either trolling, or sincere but doesn't quite know
what he's up against.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
.net...

You purged with an inert gas before soldering didn't you? You have to
evacuate and charge the unit. You need a license to buy and use the
refrigerant. I think you are in over your head already.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Kraus

That would work!

If we lived on the planet Freon®!
Posted to alt.home.repair
Stormin Mormon

Yep, the planet Freon, which is right next to Uranus?

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

ink.net...

Oil Boiler instal - Regs ? Nick UK diy 2 March 30th 06 09:07 PM
Cement mix for Baxi Firebrick instal ? Nick UK diy 2 October 22nd 05 09:40 PM
Gas hob instal query nick smith UK diy 5 May 13th 05 08:40 PM
Help! How instal pedastal sink to lath and plaster? Chris Home Repair 4 November 7th 04 02:38 PM