Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

Default How to instal compressor for ac?

"Stowy" wrote in message
m...
My house is wired and plumbed for central air and actually had a unit
running at one point. Previous owners simply removed only the
outside compressor. I bought a used one in hopes of getting it to
work with existing fittings and power. So after i solder the copper
pipes (*2) and give the condensor 220 power what do i do with the
small red/black wires coming from my Lennox HS29 18 unit? Is this
for the temperature control unit? If so i have an old one do i need
to replace with digital? Do i need these wires at all or will it
turn on when needed. Basically any helpfull hints would be much
appreciated How do i turn it on?

You purged with an inert gas before soldering didn't you? You have to
evacuate and charge the unit. You need a license to buy and use the
refrigerant. I think you are in over your head already.