Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nick

Default Oil Boiler instal - Regs ?

I was thinking of installing an oil combi boiler, want to do what I can
myself, (i.e. install rads / pipes / concrete base for tank / tank and oil
feed line to boiler) but not sure what the specific regs for oil boiler
installations are.
Can anyone tell me what these are or where to find them please ?
I have done several gas installations over the years with 100% success and
even compliments from the guys who have inspected to sign off but never done
an oil install, so not encountered these regs.
Any recommendations for an oil combi, about 20 kW, hopefully wall-mounted,
and source of reasonable cost item ?

Thanks,

Nick

Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Stumbles

On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 09:08:36 +0000, Nick wrote:

I was thinking of installing an oil combi boiler, want to do what I can
myself, (i.e. install rads / pipes / concrete base for tank / tank and oil
feed line to boiler) but not sure what the specific regs for oil boiler
installations are.
Can anyone tell me what these are or where to find them please ?

Look at OFTEC's website

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Michael Chare

"Nick" wrote in message
news
I was thinking of installing an oil combi boiler, want to do what I can
myself, (i.e. install rads / pipes / concrete base for tank / tank and oil
feed line to boiler) but not sure what the specific regs for oil boiler
installations are.
Can anyone tell me what these are or where to find them please ?
I have done several gas installations over the years with 100% success and
even compliments from the guys who have inspected to sign off but never done
an oil install, so not encountered these regs.
Any recommendations for an oil combi, about 20 kW, hopefully wall-mounted,
and source of reasonable cost item ?

Most (all?) oil boilers come with instalation instructions - Just follow these.
AIUI less of an issue than gas.
You need to be careful about siting the tank - particularly if above 2500 L

You can download installation instructions form the web for Worcester and
Boulter Buderus boilers.
See also www.oftec.co.uk

How are you going to get it inspected?

My guess is that local BCOs don't know much about oil boiler instalation as very
few people install oil boilers as DIY projects.

Either buy on internet, or most plumbers merchants will supply at trade prices -
maybe after a little persuasion.

--

Michael Chare

Non-modulating condensing boilers? Egremont UK diy 34 July 22nd 05 07:02 PM
New boiler regs? Mark S. UK diy 4 April 2nd 05 11:47 PM
Mixing header and pumps John Aston UK diy 79 December 8th 04 09:50 AM
Noisy banging boiler what is the cause? Tim UK diy 8 November 3rd 04 09:36 PM
Boiler problem - hot water, cold radiators Dan the man UK diy 9 October 7th 03 11:26 PM