Posted to alt.home.repair
Sacramento Dave

Default Granite Countertops

"John?] "
wrote in message
. net...

New house has granite countertops.

The products that clean them streak like mad and the products that
don't streak don't clean either.

Any recommendations for granite cleaning products?

John

Have you ever sealed them? Did the installers seal them? What are you
using? If you seal them to often they will dull. When water no longer beads
up on the counter it is time to seal them. I just wipe mine with a soapy
dish water and wipe dry.Once in a while we use Clean EnCounter made by Stone
care International SCI Black spray bottle with gold letters.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Big Al

"Sacramento Dave" wrote in message
. com...

"John?] "
wrote in message
. net...

New house has granite countertops.

The products that clean them streak like mad and the products that
don't streak don't clean either.

Any recommendations for granite cleaning products?

John

Have you ever sealed them? Did the installers seal them? What are you
using? If you seal them to often they will dull. When water no longer

beads
up on the counter it is time to seal them. I just wipe mine with a soapy
dish water and wipe dry.Once in a while we use Clean EnCounter made by

Stone
care International SCI Black spray bottle with gold letters.

I heard on the local talk radio home repair program that granite counter
tops stain. They said raw egg and especially tomato sauce would screw up an
unsealed top, and you could not remove the stains. Is this true?

Al

Posted to alt.home.repair
Newfie

Make sure they are sealed. Vegetable oil works well

Posted to alt.home.repair
Sacramento Dave

wrote in message
[...]

I asked that when mine were installed. they said red wine can stain light
colored granite if not wiped up. They said it could be chemically cleaned
but it's a pain. Ours have been in about year with my two kids and me no
stains and more than once red sauce has be on it. If you look at granite
some seem more pours so it might depend on the granite. The stuff is pretty
indestructible and you can't beat the look. I don't think I would put
vegetable oil on it to seal it, sealer is pretty cheap and having to seal it
every 6 months to a year is no big deal. Ours is still on the first sealing.