Posted to alt.home.repair
Buck Turgidson

Default Wall-Eye Flashlight to View Wall Cavity

Anyone ever use one of these? I am thinking about getting one for a
wall insulating job in my home. Wondering if they work well and are
worth the $30.

http://www.connectworld.net/cgi-bin/...ZQ;LSD55-400;6

Posted to alt.home.repair
bill allemann

I think it would most often be used by looking through a small (patchable)
hole in the drywall.
As far as how effective, you would almost need to try it. The eye relief
and field of vision would
be important regarding the usefulness of the view.

"Bob" wrote in message
It looks like a good idea, but most walls have a 2 x 4 across the top.

"Buck Turgidson" wrote in message
Anyone ever use one of these? I am thinking about getting one for a
wall insulating job in my home. Wondering if they work well and are
worth the $30.

http://www.connectworld.net/cgi-bin/...ZQ;LSD55-400;6

Posted to alt.home.repair
Ken

Buck Turgidson wrote:
Anyone ever use one of these? I am thinking about getting one for a
wall insulating job in my home. Wondering if they work well and are
worth the $30.

http://www.connectworld.net/cgi-bin/...ZQ;LSD55-400;6

Here's another suggestion: If you have a digital camera, and if you
have a hole in the wall that is big enough, you just stick the camera
in the wall, take a flash picture, and then review on the screen. Of
course if you are just drilling a 1" or 2" diameter hole in the wall
this won't work.

Ken

Posted to alt.home.repair
Art

I have a fiber optic wall inspection device. It costs about $300. Even so
it is difficult to see useful stuff. I doubt this gadget will do better.

"Buck Turgidson" wrote in message
Anyone ever use one of these? I am thinking about getting one for a
wall insulating job in my home. Wondering if they work well and are
worth the $30.

http://www.connectworld.net/cgi-bin/...ZQ;LSD55-400;6

Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom

"Ken" wrote in message
oups.com...

Buck Turgidson wrote:
Anyone ever use one of these? I am thinking about getting one for a
wall insulating job in my home. Wondering if they work well and are
worth the $30.

http://www.connectworld.net/cgi-bin/...ZQ;LSD55-400;6

Here's another suggestion: If you have a digital camera, and if you
have a hole in the wall that is big enough, you just stick the camera
in the wall, take a flash picture, and then review on the screen. Of
course if you are just drilling a 1" or 2" diameter hole in the wall
this won't work.

Ken

But then those cheap vest pocket cameras that I see at Wally World should
fit through a 2" hole easily. But if they don't focus closer than 5 ft they
might not be too useful.

Tom G.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 12:13:03 -0500, "Buck Turgidson"
wrote:

Anyone ever use one of these? I am thinking about getting one for a

No, but I worked at the facility that made the Walleye Missile, during
the VN war.. Precursor to all the fancy targeted missiles they have
now.

It might work, if you can make it dark in the room you are in. I
didn't see dimensions given for it.

But before buying one, try a dental mirror and 150W lightbulb close to
your ear.

They also have at HD an attachment to a flashlight that bends around
corners. It best fits the flashilight that they sell with it, but I
found a way to stick it on my 2AA flashlight. Haven't tried to use it
yet, with or without a dental mirror.

(They have metal dental mirrors at hamfests, swapmeets, and plastic
ones at radio shack.

Cheaper and probably smaller than this walleye. (named after a fish.)

wall insulating job in my home. Wondering if they work well and are
worth the $30.

http://www.connectworld.net/cgi-bin/...ZQ;LSD55-400;6

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik

mm wrote in
:

wrote:

[...]

Get a flexible borescope from Brownells gunsmithing catalog.
Or check Edmund Scientific(www.edsci.com).

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik