Squeaky Air handling unit

Old June 16th 05, 04:30 AM
Joe B.

Default Squeaky Air handling unit

Something within my air handling unit has started squeaking loudly. I
assume that it is the blower. Is there some way to lubricate the blower to
correct this problem? Thanks.

Joe

Old June 16th 05, 01:40 PM
David Martel

Joe,

You should be lubricating various parts in your heating system. Call your
heating guy and schedule a routine maintenance and fix the squeak visit.
Have him clean and check both the furnace and AC. Shouldn't be expensive
unless the motor bearings are shot or he finds other problems.

Dave M.

Old June 16th 05, 02:02 PM
SQLit

"Joe B." wrote in message
Something within my air handling unit has started squeaking loudly. I
assume that it is the blower. Is there some way to lubricate the blower

correct this problem? Thanks.

Joe

Depending on the specific motor used. Lubrication now is just forstalling
the replacement of the motor. Call a pro and have it checked out. Or take it
apart until you find the problem and fix it. It could be the blower wheel
has become loose and moved into contact with the housing.

FYI geting at this may be an excersize in your patience.

I had a VFD go out in a American Standard once. It took me 2 hours to get
the houseing out of the cabinet. 1 hour to disconnect it. 1 hour to go to
the wholesale house and get the part. And 2 hours to replace it. Sure glad I
do not make my living at this. ( No A/C company would touch the job for 3
days. )

Old June 16th 05, 02:06 PM
Edwin Pawlowski

"Joe B." wrote in message
Something within my air handling unit has started squeaking loudly. I
assume that it is the blower. Is there some way to lubricate the blower
to correct this problem? Thanks.

Joe

Could be the blower bearings, motor bearings, belt worn or loose. If you
are unfamiliar with all of this, have a service tech come check things out
and watch what he does. He will probably check other thinks, like the
burner, ignition, etc. A little PM today can save big repairs later.

Old June 17th 05, 12:13 AM
Joe B.

Thanks for the tips. I hate to call anyone out, because I assume that they
will find something wrong regardless of whether or not their truly is. I'll
check it out and see if I can find an oil port first then I'll make the
dreaded call I suppose.
Joe

Old June 17th 05, 04:05 PM
[email protected]

Mine was squeaking also, so I took the blower out. Then removed the
motor and motor mounts and blower wheel out. Then I cleaned of
everything thourghly (took several hours, and did it mostly in my
laundry tub). Put everything back togather and now no noise after more
than a week. Cleaning out the blower wheel was the most difficult part
(getting inbetween the blades with a toothbrush took some time).

Old June 19th 05, 10:40 PM
Stormin Mormon

I wonder if there is an easier way to do that operation? That tooth brush
routine sounds a bit tedious.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus