Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default 20,000 Watt, 5000 Lb Stereo Amplifier (Only $50,000).

"How many of them do they have? Are they
still trying to sell the same one? "

They must have a warehouse full of them. You know how strong the demand is. Everyone wants to put three phass power in their house right ? Around here you pay for that, not the power company. It is not cheap and is actually not available in most residential areas here.

And no mention of speakers. I am selling my Phase Linear because it blew so many speakers. What (watt) are we talking here ? A thousand speakers that can handle what, a couple thousand apiece ? That'll make you neighbors happy, and I mean even if you are on a farm.

Things like this are made for like Woodstock. Not even to be used in the city. Nice to imagine having one, but thing about the speakers.

And the cops. I have been in jail for a loud stereo. One day and actually it was not bad. But still, I would have had a better time at hoe because there was beer there.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

And no mention of speakers. I am selling my Phase Linear because it blew so many speakers. What (watt) are we talking here ? A thousand speakers that can handle what, a couple thousand apiece ?

I am presently running an amp capable of 500 watts into its speakers (Citation 16 into Maggies). I can (and do) play at any volume I would care to - that is I could tolerate without ear damage - and without clipping. I have no worries about speaker damage. The Citation 16, while not quite in the Phase Linear 700B class, certainly is in the 400 class.

I use regularly two brute-force amps, both HK products (Citation 16 & 19). Again I can (and do) run *LOUD* and have never, repeat, never damaged a speaker thereby. This is not to mention the several other amp & speaker combinations in the inventory.

I suspect user-error.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thursday, April 13, 2017 at 6:35:02 PM UTC-4, Mike Paff wrote:

HK in this case refers to Harmon Kardon, not Hong Kong.

And made in Plainfield, Long Island, New York.

The only pacific rim audio equipment I use are CD changers from Sony, Japan. The rest is US or Euro in origin.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

NOT OVER 24k ?

https://www.google.com/#q=AMPLIFIERS...HAILERS&spf=68

I TRIED ONE AT Farragut. 9 0R 12 HORN CONES. LOUD. ACROOSS THE RIVER N THRU THE WOODS NO PROBLEM ...EXPECT THE RIG WAS PRE ADJUSTED TO NOT BREAK GLASS...PROB KOREAN SURPLUS.

PLEASED FINDING EVERYONE WAS AMUSED.