Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mike Paff Mike Paff is offline

Default 20,000 Watt, 5000 Lb Stereo Amplifier (Only $50,000).

On Thu, 13 Apr 2017 22:16:58 -0000 (UTC), Cursitor Doom
wrote:

On Thu, 13 Apr 2017 04:31:05 -0700, wrote:

I use regularly two brute-force amps, both HK products (Citation 16 &
19). Again I can (and do) run *LOUD* and have never, repeat, never
damaged a speaker thereby. This is not to mention the several other amp
& speaker combinations in the inventory.

God that must sound terrible. I would never even contemplate buying amps
made in Hong Kong (or mainland China for that matter). And I'd certainly
never admit it in a newsgroup!
I still think the best combo by far is Scandanavian amps like B&O coupled
with English speakers such as Celestion, Tannoy, KEF & so forth. YMMV.

HK in this case refers to Harmon Kardon, not Hong Kong.