Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default HDMI receiver with HD radio tuner

This is going to be hard to believe, but I am in the market for
a new receiver and I want one with HD radio tuner. The people
at Best Buy, and the Magnolia group within Best Buy don't seem
to understand what HD fm tuner is.

Knowing that the Denon 3313CI (discontinued) had the HD tuner
capability I went online to Denon and tried to find a current
model that has HD tuner capability: I could find none, so I called
Denon and they gave me a list, really a list of every one of their
current models. I could find no mention of HD tuner on any of
the models.

I found a Sony STRDDH770 which, according to Best Buy, does
have an HD tuner. I bought the thing, hooked it up, and there
is no HD tuner, nor is there an HD tuner in the next model
up STRDN1070

My question here is can anyone suggest a (reasonably) priced
receiver that has at least 4K pass-through and an fm HD tuner?

Thanks.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tuesday, January 24, 2017 at 3:41:29 PM UTC-5, root wrote:
This is going to be hard to believe, but I am in the market for
a new receiver and I want one with HD radio tuner.

https://www.amazon.com/Sangean-HDT-2...hd+radio+tuner

https://www.amazon.com/Insignia-NS-H...hd+radio+tuner

With respect, get a simple HD tuner and add it as with any other component to your system. This will vastly multiply your options for receivers rather than restrict them to attic stock, leftovers, or 'used' options.

Or, go used:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/7-1-Surround...AOSw9GhYbXR U

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:
On Tuesday, January 24, 2017 at 3:41:29 PM UTC-5, root wrote:
This is going to be hard to believe, but I am in the market for
a new receiver and I want one with HD radio tuner.

https://www.amazon.com/Sangean-HDT-2...hd+radio+tuner

I'm sorry I didn't make myself clear: I want an A/V receiver capable of showing 4K hdmi input. Along
with that I want more than a simple am/fm tuner, I want a tuner that incorporates wht the
Sangean does.

https://www.amazon.com/Insignia-NS-H...hd+radio+tuner

I have the Insignia which seems to be a reboxed Sangean. In any case the Insignia unit is little more
than junk. When it works it is fine, but it drops the stations after a few minutes, maybe as long
as an hour but usually more frequently. It isn't a case of overheating as some have suggested.

With respect, get a simple HD tuner and add it as with any other component to your system. This will vastly multiply your options for receivers rather than restrict them to attic stock, leftovers, or 'used' options.

Or, go used:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/7-1-Surround...AOSw9GhYbXR U

The Sherwood listed explicitly says hd radio and I am sure it has it. However the receiver is
far too old to support even HDMI 4K pass-through.

Thanks for your help.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 24 Jan 2017 14:04:04 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

On Tuesday, January 24, 2017 at 3:41:29 PM UTC-5, root wrote:
This is going to be hard to believe, but I am in the market for
a new receiver and I want one with HD radio tuner.

https://www.amazon.com/Sangean-HDT-2...hd+radio+tuner

https://www.amazon.com/Insignia-NS-H...hd+radio+tuner

With respect, get a simple HD tuner and add it as with any other component to your system. This will vastly multiply your options for receivers rather than restrict them to attic stock, leftovers, or 'used' options.

Or, go used:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/7-1-Surround...AOSw9GhYbXR U

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

The Insignia one is buggy and usually dies within a year or so.
Wouldn't buy one used.

---

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I still think you should get the ideal receiver from every other aspect, then add an HD tuner to it. This will multiply your options for either item and allow future upgrades to either item.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Andrew Rossmann wrote:

Not sure if they still offer the option, but I have an Onkyo receiver
(TX-NR609, a few years old) that has a special proprietary port in back.
I think one of the items available was an HD tuner that could plug into
that.

I am in the market because my Onkyo NR616 is in the process of failing.
I think I am soured on Onkyo.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"root" wrote in message
news
This is going to be hard to believe, but I am in the market for
a new receiver and I want one with HD radio tuner. The people

What For? HD Radio sucks like Raeanne on a big black dick.

at Best Buy, and the Magnolia group within Best Buy don't seem
to understand what HD fm tuner is.

Knowing that the Denon 3313CI (discontinued) had the HD tuner
capability I went online to Denon and tried to find a current
model that has HD tuner capability: I could find none, so I called
Denon and they gave me a list, really a list of every one of their
current models. I could find no mention of HD tuner on any of
the models.

Did I forget to mention that HD Radio sucks?

I found a Sony STRDDH770 which, according to Best Buy, does
have an HD tuner. I bought the thing, hooked it up, and there
is no HD tuner, nor is there an HD tuner in the next model
up STRDN1070

It probably has an HD radio tuner. It's possible that it can't pick up any
signals because
HD radio is weak (because it sucks) and it's also possible that the radio
stations in your
area shut off their HD radio exciters (because HD Radio sucks)

My question here is can anyone suggest a (reasonably) priced
receiver that has at least 4K pass-through and an fm HD tuner?

So you want 4K pass through and HD Radio? Why not throw in a built 8-Track
player as well?

4K is current technology. HD Radio is so 2008.
Thanks.

You're welcome.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"root" wrote in message
news

I am in contact with a seller that offers a lower price.

Thanks.

Let me guess. He says it must have fell out the back of a truck, right?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message
I still think you should get the ideal receiver from every other aspect,
then add an HD tuner to it. This will multiply your options for either
item and allow future upgrades to either item.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

It also allows you to delete options as well. For Example, when the OP finds
that HD radio is nothing but the same lame FM analog stations in digital
format and the subchannels are just AM rebroadcasts, then he can take a
hammer to the HD tuner and not a $1000 dollar surround sound receiver.