Posted to sci.electronics.repair
root root is offline

Default HDMI receiver with HD radio tuner

wrote:
On Tuesday, January 24, 2017 at 3:41:29 PM UTC-5, root wrote:
This is going to be hard to believe, but I am in the market for
a new receiver and I want one with HD radio tuner.

https://www.amazon.com/Sangean-HDT-2...hd+radio+tuner

I'm sorry I didn't make myself clear: I want an A/V receiver capable of showing 4K hdmi input. Along
with that I want more than a simple am/fm tuner, I want a tuner that incorporates wht the
Sangean does.

https://www.amazon.com/Insignia-NS-H...hd+radio+tuner

I have the Insignia which seems to be a reboxed Sangean. In any case the Insignia unit is little more
than junk. When it works it is fine, but it drops the stations after a few minutes, maybe as long
as an hour but usually more frequently. It isn't a case of overheating as some have suggested.

With respect, get a simple HD tuner and add it as with any other component to your system. This will vastly multiply your options for receivers rather than restrict them to attic stock, leftovers, or 'used' options.

Or, go used:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/7-1-Surround...AOSw9GhYbXR U

The Sherwood listed explicitly says hd radio and I am sure it has it. However the receiver is
far too old to support even HDMI 4K pass-through.

Thanks for your help.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA