Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Andrew Rossmann Andrew Rossmann is offline

Default HDMI receiver with HD radio tuner

In article , says...

This is going to be hard to believe, but I am in the market for
a new receiver and I want one with HD radio tuner. The people
at Best Buy, and the Magnolia group within Best Buy don't seem
to understand what HD fm tuner is.

Knowing that the Denon 3313CI (discontinued) had the HD tuner
capability I went online to Denon and tried to find a current
model that has HD tuner capability: I could find none, so I called
Denon and they gave me a list, really a list of every one of their
current models. I could find no mention of HD tuner on any of
the models.

I found a Sony STRDDH770 which, according to Best Buy, does
have an HD tuner. I bought the thing, hooked it up, and there
is no HD tuner, nor is there an HD tuner in the next model
up STRDN1070

My question here is can anyone suggest a (reasonably) priced
receiver that has at least 4K pass-through and an fm HD tuner?

Thanks.

Not sure if they still offer the option, but I have an Onkyo receiver
(TX-NR609, a few years old) that has a special proprietary port in back.
I think one of the items available was an HD tuner that could plug into
that.

law!!
http://home.comcast.net/~andyross